I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

Hedgewriter
Contributor
Contributor
I would keep pestering Paypal in chat. They have already suspended the seller and settled cases against them.
Login to Me Too

alycewilliams
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to pull up that website but it won’t work.. is that the correct web address?
Login to Me Too

Temp20201116
Contributor
Contributor
I still have not received anything whatsoever, including communication from this place; so it is definitely a scam. Please reimburse me my $199.99. Please send a reply to this message ASAP. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Smithdt
I mailed mine back with tracking and they won't give me my money back.
Login to Me Too

mrsdelcid
Hi The same thing happen to my son. I can he get his money back? Who do I have to call or email to resolve this??
Login to Me Too

Millie319

Same thing happened to me. I ordered a Nintendo switch. Realized it was a scam. Filed a claim with PayPal(first for item not received)....So of course the company sends a tracking number. Weeks later the company actually sent me this small plastic piece of crap (small box with a plastic toy in it in a padded envelope). I changed the status for the claim to item not as described (or whatever the wording is) and I sent pictures to paypal but they denied the claim. Said I provided insufficient information. The picture showing the item received should have been proof enough .......it was not a Nintendo Switch....I also sent a picture of the item with the small envelope it was sent in (with the racking number).....an envelope a Nintendo switch would not fit in. Pay Pal resolution center is a joke. I don't understand how your claim was approved. I did the same thing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...It seems once the claim is denied you are **bleep**. Thanks

Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@Millie319 

How did you proceed? I am at the stage now where I've been told to mail the cheap plastic back to a Chinese address in China in order to get my refund.
1. The company claimed to be based/registered in the US...when I fell victim, an address was missing, then updated to a New Jersey address, and now the site has migrated and are now claiming to be based in Chicago. Not sure how and why Paypal would play along with their gimmicks of asking to ship back to China.

2. If seller sends you a wrong item, especially when they blatantly and maliciously scammed and sent something insultingly WRONG, why would the conflict resolution folks not insist they send a prepaid return electronic shipping slip? 

The malicious seller get's to hold my money hostage while playing silly pranks with a dollar store-type plastic toy.

I am wondering if there is any collective action we can take as a group? Report to Nintendo? FBI? Interpol? Chinese Communist Party?😤

Login to Me Too

WatrmelonMan125
Contributor
Contributor

@OA2020 

At this point you need to let Paypal know that you have no option of sending the item back until you get the English translation and after that you need to be patient and wait, they eventually will probably refer you to a government website where you will need to fill out an internet crime complaint form and send them a copy. If you already told them you need to address translation and they haven't replied yet just be patient and wait for them I guess, sadly there isn't a ton you can do until they reply.

Login to Me Too

Hedgewriter
Contributor
Contributor

Latest from the support team, just received based on my latest communication with them (I did reference this thread in my message to them....hopefully they will look and update here):

We are going to look into this. I just want to assure you that we have a team here that can check PayPal standings and they will investigate this. If they see that the seller is abusing our system, we will ban them from using our services.

Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@WatrmelonMan125 

Thanks. Paypal got back to me and said they have requested that the seller translate their address, so we go on hold again. I uploaded the pics of the cheap plastic previously in my conversation, but for some reason, I am being asked again to show "compelling evidence"....not sure what that means. And I can only upload onto our conversations, but not the dispute itself, as I only have the option of uploading a tracking number...

I will pursue this patiently, but relentlessly. Will keep all updated. Will go on TV and raise ruckus if it comes to that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.