I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

Smithdt
I also got a clear plastic phone case which they wanted sent back. I paid $35 to send it to China with tracking only to be told by PayPal I wouldn't be getting my money back. I'm **bleep** I'm out $400.
Login to Me Too

Kimpark48
Contributor
Contributor
Okay I will give this a try. I received 2 emails from this merchant: 1) confirming order with order# 2) a separate email to “complete my order” This transaction does not show in my PayPal history however the payment was processed through my bank with ‘(merchant)PayPal‘. The contact number for merchant is not a working number. I have sent emails. The email responded with an automated generic message, “ Dear Customer, Thank you for reaching us. We have shipped the order to you already and it is shipping on the way. The delivery time will be affectedbc of the COVID-19and pandemic, hoping you can understand it. I will urge our post office to let you get as soon as possible, so pls be patient waiting! Thank you for your understanding and patience. Best regards, Sophia Customer Care Team” I have never received a tracking number for this.
Login to Me Too

Juicy2037
New Community Member
The same thing happened to me how do I get my money back
Login to Me Too

YahWah7
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same message more than a month ago and no package.
Login to Me Too

poohbear20050
Contributor
Contributor

Did Paypal require you to mail the fraud item back to China? They are saying I must mail it back!

Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@poohbear20050 

I am also at this stage now. Please let me know what happened in your case. I have been asked to mail back in order to get a refund.

Login to Me Too

poohbear20050
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I didn't win my case, and Paypal closed it. I was told to mail the junk item back to the seller, which would of cost me $25 additional to mail. I decided not to mail the item, due to the clause that said Paypal required the seller to verify that they did receive the item at their door step. I felt this was too risky of a choice, to spend additional funds, because all the seller had to do was say they never received the item. There is no refund unless the seller states they received the return item. If I were you I would go through your bank, because scammers know how to work the system, and they know they are in complete control, because they have the deciding factor on whether Paypal will issue you a refund. Also, it didn't matter to Paypal that the seller was fraudulent, and they weren't willing to help me. I had messaged a representative numerous times, and to no avail. I wish you the best of luck, and I would file a report with the Federal Trades Commission. If you look on other threads, this is a very common practice of Paypal, and many buyers are resorting to filing a claim through the Better Business Bureau and Federal Trades Commission.

Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@poohbear20050 

sorry about your outcome. I am scheduled to hear back tomorrow about a decision. Your outcome doesn't make ANY sense, considering that Paypal is aware that the SAME scammer is defrauding MULTIPLE victims using the SAME exact tactic. Paypal has multiple identical complaints, but they appear to be randomly picking and choosing which ones to resolve in favor of the victims and which ones to reject.

If I get a negative out come tomorrow, I will report to my financial institution.

In case you missed my earlier post, I replied to Paypal that I needed a return address in English language to ship to. Paypal then got back to me and said I didnt have to ship back, and that I should report to the FBI and send them a copy of the report, after which I would be refunded. I did so and gave them the copy. They said it takes 7 days from when I gave them what they requested for them to make a decision.

Login to Me Too

Hedgewriter
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got my resolution today and I can confirm all the steps previously noted including reporting to the IC3.gov site was necessary.  I can also confirm that the chat function got me the best results.  I think I pestered them so much that they finally gave up.  If you make the IC3.gov report make sure you capture the screen in .pdf or print and scan because PayPal will ask you to attach the complaint form.

Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@Hedgewriter 

My case was scheduled for resolution today, after providing all required info, including the IC3.gov report, but I see Paypal has kicked it down to Aug 18.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.