I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

UwUkandi
Contributor
Contributor
Hello op, I had a similar thing happen the other day and I'm about to tell you how I got through it and what I recommend you to do. If you payed the seller with PayPal the transaction should show up in your activity soon. If there is no way to contact the seller or they have provided you with fake contacting information you can probably conclude that it's a scam as well. The seller should have given you some kind of tracking number to your email or from the fake site you got it from. They have to do this even if they are scamming because if they don't give you a tracking number then you will be able to open an item not received case with PayPal. Only do this however if the seller isnt being cooperative. Bear in mind with a case like this you have to be diligent and keep a calm mind going through it no matter how frustrating it is. Here's some possible scenarios that will happen if it is in fact a scam website: 1. The seller will provide you a tracking number that will say delivered when in fact you never saw a package delivery to your house 2. The seller will give you a fake tracking number 3. The seller ships an empty box to you in which case you would open an item not as described dispute. At this point you will need documentation from the shipping providor UPS or FedEx if you are in the Us at least. I had to drive to my local package sorter because people on the phone were no help and they printed me all of the information about the tracking number the seller tried to tell me was mine LOL. I uploaded the proof to PayPal and boom won my dispute. Let me know if you need any help and I will keep an eye on this thread.
Login to Me Too

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor
Yea so I got a tracking number from paypal from best shop online but there's no website called that I've been looking for it for a while and they sent me a tracking number but no link to view on there website just a paypal receipt saying $249.99 sent to best shop online
Login to Me Too

UwUkandi
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah they might have taken the website down after their scam was successful. Use FedEx ups or USPS to see where the tracking number leads and find out if it goes to your address or not. If the seller gives you a tracking number that doesn't lead back to your address, you can show that to PayPal and get a refund. (I had to drive to my local ups to do this because they wouldn't do it over the phone)
Login to Me Too

XeniaR
The only tracking number I got is the one on PayPal but I checked and tracking number don't even exist so I filed dispute
Login to Me Too

Larh24
Contributor
Contributor
SAME HAPPENED TO MY ON JULY 12. PayPal REFUSES TO REFUND MY MONEY!!! The freaking company sent me a tiny plastic clear phone case....NOT THE NINTENDO SWITCH I ORDERED!!!
Login to Me Too

ShariZBrent
Same here with phone case!
Login to Me Too

alycewilliams
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same thing happened to me . I am In the middle of the claim. Why didn’t they refund you?
Login to Me Too

Julie8989
Contributor
Contributor
They are still over looking everything I guess but taking forever.
Login to Me Too

alycewilliams
Contributor
Contributor
Yea I know. They want me to ship back the **bleep** item before I get Refunded . So I get This crazy address in Chinese and translate it and seriously look up everything in the address and find out this address doesn’t exist . The village isn’t in the county they listed and the zip doesn’t match either.I thankfully saved pictures of everything . Even the original website I bought It from where it claims it’s a US store with the address , email and number that’s all bogus.. I’m waiting for them to message me back now so I can show them all the photos with their return address being fake along with the original site address and everything
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.