I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

kfc2000
Contributor
Contributor

@Starr11 I agree with you completely. It is obvious that we all got scammed, but they are not protecting us. I do not trust PayPal to protect customers as a result of this experience. My credit card company is still battling it out with PayPal and the BestOnlineShop...and I'm still hoping for a refund. Why is PayPal still supporting this company with people still getting duped??

Login to Me Too

Starr11
Contributor
Contributor
I finished my fbi form and it wouldn’t let me download it because it’s a secure form. So I tried to email it. Same thing happened. Couldn’t email it. So I printed it and then scanned back to me as an email. Put the three pages together as an email to PayPal with my complaint ID # in the subject line just like they said and emailed it to complaint response email they gave me. So what was their response. I should open a PayPal account and start a complaint. They are frustrating me but are keeping me laughing at the same time.
Login to Me Too

ShariZBrent
Did anyone get there money back from PayPal? I am currently fighting to prove this as fraud with my bank and Paypal
Login to Me Too

flaviuswalker
Contributor
Contributor

After seeing the hoops Paypal had people jumping through, I immediately started a dispute with my credit card company. Once Paypal found out I disputed it with my financial institution they dropped my case on their end. It took a while but I got my money back through my credit card and I didn't have to fill out fbi forms/send junk to china. I'll definitely be more observant with regards to the url handle when buying something again (this looked like official nintendo) but I'm not using Paypal anymore. They can suck it.

Login to Me Too

Starr11
Contributor
Contributor
My case was closed in my favor. It’s a long frustrating process but after submitting my fbi form I was contacted by phone that my case was closed in my favor. I waited for an email confirmation before I felt sure that I could close my complaint. I am not sure when the funds will reach my credit card but I am confident to say stick with it and you should have good results.
Login to Me Too

jeffcd
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same happen to me and this site that I ordered from is now gone. They send me a piece of plastic. And now PayPal is saying they have terms. Sending someone a piece of plastic is not sending someone a product.

Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor

I had same happen to me. I bought two items. Email dead phone dead website gone. C. One closed my dispute they said I filed a dispute to early. They told me I have to contact the merchant franchise store. Yes that is what they are called. <removed> that was on the PayPal receipt. I filed a federal investigation against this con. I called pay pal and they told me to call my credit com. Everyone is pointing figures to go the other direction. Well you all heard before karma is a **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Gingerbeard81
Contributor
Contributor
It is a scam. Phone number is not an active number, email address doesn't exist and if you look up the business address, it's just a house in Virginia. Website leads you to believe they're involved with Nintendo
Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor
What address did you find. They must of brought website back up. They took down for a while. They had an address in New Jersey before.
Login to Me Too

Gingerbeard81
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> Phone number is out of Connecticut and it's an invalid number

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.