I think this website is a scam website

Britonm11
Contributor
Contributor

I went on this website called <Edited> and they sell Nintendo switches and 3ds etc and I bought a switch for $250 and today I looked on the website more and it was totally copied from this other website called <Edited> and now I know it's a fake website how can I get my money back in my account it says i dont have any transactions yet to file a dispute so this is the only thing I've turned to where i can actually get human help notna robot

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

Google translate? you sure are bent on going through the return process. 

Typically, you ask Paypal for the address in English....Paypal asks the "seller", who perhaps declines as they are scammers and dont want to provide any valid address. Then you're off the hook as far as returning is concerned. Next, Paypal asks you to file an official fed govt report and furnish them a copy. After that, you just wait and periodically message them until you get resolution in your favor.

Login to Me Too

Anne3004
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thank you. Sounds like a lot of work on PayPal’s side as well, so why they haven’t blocked them as a user I’ll never know.
Login to Me Too

OA2020
Contributor
Contributor

@Anne3004 I am speculating here, but it might be a part of doing business that Paypal considers "acceptable". Keep in mind that despite the fact that we have here established (over 86 of us) that the same scammer defrauded multiple individuals, Paypal would resolve in the "seller"'s favor if we don't follow all the "proper" dispute procedures. Read through this thread and you will find folks who lost their cases.

Login to Me Too

WatrmelonMan125
Contributor
Contributor
@Anne3004 Good job on sending the Chinese address and not going with the google translate option, google translate is sadly not always very accurate and besides, from what I have heard even if you sent it back to the right address the seller can just say they never got the item, so telling paypal about that address is the best thing to do. In a few days if your case plays out similarly to mine they should ask you to fill out a government online crime complaint form. Make sure to fill out the form and save a copy of it and send that copy to paypal through your chat window.
Login to Me Too

Anne3004
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thank you; I will make sure I save all the correspondence!
Login to Me Too

Criggy29
Contributor
Contributor
**bleep** PayPal. After 2 months of going back and forth and jumping through hoops it's obvious they do not care. I wound up going through my Bank and I got my funds back in 1 day. It's just crazy that PayPal is still hosting this site. I won't ever use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

ZerchHedz
Contributor
Contributor
Me too Had the same issue with the website since jun 26
Login to Me Too

Wunof1
New Community Member
This just happened to me too they just sent me a phone case that I can’t even use. And I got a email about the transaction but it doesn’t show on my activity list
Login to Me Too

Anne3004
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal’s back office is investigating this seller at the moment. Be sure to message them and ask them for an affidavit form to fill in.
Login to Me Too

Starr11
Contributor
Contributor
I did everything PayPal asked me to do and now they are asking me to start all over again. I’ve already sent them a picture of the cheap cellphone cover. Next they’ll send me a Chinese address. Then when I request an English address I receive nothing from them. They keep answering they will do something about this seller and yet it seems like the list of us that have been scammed grows. I think PayPal has lost credibility. I’m very disappointed in PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.