I think i got scammed

Omervak009
Contributor
Contributor
Hey all, Yesterday i sold more than 1000 crypto coins through binance. Before i sold them, i was informed by paypal that the money is in my account- although it was on hold ( i only used paypal once, year and a half ago- bought something and never got money, so im new to all of that), and when i saw the statement i released the crypto. Now, the payment got disputed by the guy who transfered it to me (after i transfered all the coins to him)- and he wants the money back- although i sent him the crypto! The deal was me to get 1225$, but he sent me 1374$ (i assumed coin value got up during the time of the deal and because of paypal fee). Do i have any reasons to be concern? Im afraid paypal won't back me up and will take the money. I sent them all of the proves and the chatting with the guy. Im really afraid they are going to give him the money
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Omervak009 

Shame you didn't actually read up on how paypal works and theirayo seller protection policy for virtual sales first then to be honest.

Paypal don't accept chats or emails/text messages as proof unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bosamuelson
Contributor
Contributor

The evidence is not based on chat, emails or text, it is based on blockchain technology. If you have to ask why this is evidence you should not be expressing your opinion in such a naive manner.

There is an indisputable record of the transaction on the blockchain that this and any other like it took place. The issue is that Binance (at least in my case) do not offer this information. I was told to go to the police.

Login to Me Too

movemushroom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I think I'll be in the same situation and trying to reach out to Binance support to see if they can help.

Have you been able to solve the issue?

Login to Me Too

Bosamuelson
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, 

You will lose your money. I am in exactly the same situation. I have lost nearly €7450 plus Paypal have charged me the €340 fees so my account is in negative. 

This is nothing to do with reading Sellers or Buyers protection this is a trick and a scam that has been tried and tested. I used Paypal specifically because it is safe. Paypal know this is going on and still they allow it and do not investigate it. It is disgusting. We are supposed to be their customers.

I will be filling a fraud claim through my local Police. I am based in Germany.  

Login to Me Too

aya0000
Contributor
Contributor

exactly same issue!

my case was open and close for few time.they said once that they decided favor for me,but after few days,the buyser file to his bank.

and paypal denied to reimburse the money because of "unable to verify the delivery information".

and binance tell me to contact the police???are you serious?

what is "verified merchain"mean to binance?

and what is "seller protection"mean to paypal?

i loss 2000 euro. and the feeling is terrible.

this trick seem not new,but they are still closing their eye to this scam.

i wonder why? 

Login to Me Too

aya0000
Contributor
Contributor

hi,i have the same issue with you.my paypal is negative too,but i dont know why its 0.35euro...

and binance support nothing,they said:"sorry for your loss..." and paypal is simply dont even give an appology...

binance also "recommended" to claiming fraud to the police.iam living in germany too.have you claim it yet?

iam not speaking german.if you havent filling claim yet,can we do that together?

Login to Me Too

Wondar24
Contributor
Contributor
I already filed and when I found out about it I wanted to share. Filing this complaint will have them restore your account and retrieve your funds. They did it to my daughter as well so we helping others.
Login to Me Too

aya0000
Contributor
Contributor

can you teach me how you file it?iam based in germany.iam not sure how it work to file a scam case to police...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.