I think a SCAM

husis
New Community Member
I did buy one item in Fb thru PayPal There was written that they will provide tracking ID within 24h ! Only after claiming issue with PayPal have received some kind fake tracking ID from completely difereenet conact ! Seller do not replies have tried to write emails to homepage from where I did buy no answer When I wrote everywhere that this is scam Answered from completely other email addresss and again disappeared . After 5 weeks of purchase haven’t received anything yet ! Checked this tracking Nr. And I think that’s a scam aswell Did read some reviews most of them repldied that this is a scam ! How do I get my money back ?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

VVV3
New Community Member

I have the same problem but get got no help from anybody. Ebay is not doing anything except waiting for the scammers to responds back. The same goes for Paypal. Meanwhile both websites don't have any person to person help except thru email and messages only and also thru their RESOLUCTION section. They just don't allow you to call to talk to any real person. So the two websites are not working for anyone who is trying to talk to a person regarding anything.  It's really sad that such large company and websites don't have any real person to contact. This is getting worse and worse. They basically stall for time and for the scammers to responds back. Little did they know that the scammers not going to respond to them. 

If you have any luck in finding way to help with your situation. I also need help too because I will be loosing over $2k in purchased transaction that I might not getting back. Luckily I used a PayPal Credit Card so if things don't work out. I am not going to pay Paypal because they are off no help to me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@husis 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it....make sure you use the correct one for your country as that is the U.S. link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.