I think I was swindled

Butterbeans
New Community Member

I ordered an item for my daughters graduation on April 20, 2020.  On April 22, 2020 the amount of purchase was withdrawn from my bank account.  On May 11, 2020 I had not heard anything from the company about shipping dates, so I emailed them saying if I could not receive the item by the end of May I wanted to cancel.  May 12, 2020 I was informed the item had shipped  and it would take 20-30 business days (30-40 days total from order date, which would have made it  May 30th at latest) to receive the item.  
May 15,2020 I again wrote the company that I would need to cancel my order as I didn't think it would get here.  I was told it was in transit.  I wrote twice more with the same response.    June 26, 2020 I opened a dispute in the Resolution Center requesting a refund as I still had not received the item.  On July 16, 2020 I received the item but it was too late, I could no longer use the item and did not want it.  I lost my case in the Resolution Center because the seller had proof the item was delivered.  I tried to ask the seller how to return the item but was told I could only return within 30 days from order and only if item was damaged.  I feel I am getting ripped off.  Is there anything I can do?  PayPal does not seem to be able to help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.