I think I messed up.

thirdeyed
New Community Member

I made my Paypal account to pay for things on certain websites. I would typically pay through a debit card. My sister sent me money to my Paypal balance so I could buy some things online, and now Paypal is asking for a photo ID or my SSN. I would much rather have the money just be sent back to my sister as I dont have a photo ID or my SSN card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Robert130
Contributor
Contributor

Have you contacted paypal. With out proof of ID, they can hold the founds for up to 6 months . 

This happened to me when I had a paypal account that was not in my real name but my ebay name. I sold an item worth about £1500, and I was asked for ID. Even the my debit card, and bank account on the account was in my name, having given them, passport ID, birth certificate AND utility bills in my name, they said it was not enough . So had too wait 6 month for the money.

I suggest contacting  paypal and asking them what you need to do/can do to speed things up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.