I think I'm getting scammed

Dimmo
New Community Member

I have been dealing with someone from the US who sent me money for an item they bought off me. I got an email that I had to send them a photo of the tracking if and everything like that to be able to recieve that money. Now they are saying that a Business Paypal account can only send a minimum of $800. So they apparently sent $800 and are now asking me to buy bitcoin and send it to them as a refund before I get the orignal money. This sounds super scammy and I want to know if I can find out if there was any actual money being sent to me and if I can get it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimmo 

It’s simple...if you do not see a record of payment fairly instantly in your PayPal account, then you have not been paid. Even if there is a hold on the payment, it will still appear in your account. PayPal does not ask you to do what you’re being asked to do in order to receive payment. Providing tracking is optional and through the transaction details in your account not via email. They’re trying to scam you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.