I think I have been scammed and don't know how to report it or get my money!

TyraTaylor
New Community Member

I sold a pair of designer trainers via gumtree a few days ago. The buyer messaged me via text and seemed really genuine and wanted the shoes posting the same day. I told them I was ready to send and was waiting for the money. I then received an email which looked to be from PayPal with details of the persons address and a transaction ID number but the email didn't look right. I asked the buyer about the email and stated that it didn't seem right but they reassured me it wasn't a scam and sent me an image of an email that they had received which looked similar. Once I had posted the items, I sent an email back confirming the tracking information as this would apparently speed up the process of the funds arriving in my account. I still haven't received any payment and the buyer has blocked my details. How do I go about reporting this to PayPal and getting my money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PuthitaNolan
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Tyra, the same has happened to me with a big sum of money awaiting. Have you found any solution or what did you do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.