I think Buyer is trying to cheat me - chargeback

thesailor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I’m a graphic designer, I made a logo design for a client. Invoice was sent to the client and I received the payment. The project finished normally. One month later, the Buyer opening a dispute case stated that they did not authorize this purchase and someone made the order without their permission. In result of which PayPal takes the disputed amount from my current balance plus even $20 charge-back fee in addition. PayPal says the transaction was not eligible for Seller Protection. I understand, but they received the service at the end and now who is going to pay for my hard work one week on their project.

Wondering why PayPal decides the case in the Buyer’s favor, I can prove that they did this order and they made the payment. I keep all our communication through email and messenger. The Invoice also clearly shows that it was sent to them and they made this payment, I think it’s not possible someone else to do it without their permission. I also noticed that they changed their PayPal account name. It was initially his girlfriend’s name at the time of the payment sent and it’s now changed to the actual name of the man who ordered the logo design service. I think it’s a scam.

Is there something I can do and does it worth to contact support, would they be able to help in this case? Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

aris02116
Contributor
Contributor

Same here!!!

However, I sell digital game items on eBay (I am allowed too, they told me I am).

Some **bleep** keep making fake account and purchasing. They then claim that it was an unauthorised transaction.

It is what people are doing now to get away with it. 

I don't get it as I am a customer myself but have never done this. Some daft **bleep** keeps on doing it and it's so frustrating cause I am losing tons of money from it!!!

DON'T SELL TO NEW CUSTOMERS!!! There is a very high chance this is going to happen if you do. 

Login to Me Too

MeToo9
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with your point. Pay Pal is not responsible when you are deceived by a seller. The only security requirement is the pay pal fraud to give the seller more time to cheat. I bought an electric bike but the seller only sent 5 sheets of face mask. It is very clear proof that I have attached invoices for orders and goods received. Then Pay Pal asked me to return the face mask back to the seller. I returned it to its original condition where there was no damage to the plastic wrap. I uploaded a screenshot of the condition of the face mask along with the tracking number. After a week Pay Pal said I didn't provide enough documents. What documents do they need more? A letter from a lawyer? I am not only loss my money buying from the seller who cheating me but I have returned the face mask at my own expense. Moral of the story, pay pal suck and you can't trust them when it comes to buying or selling. Stay away from pay pals, use other to better guarantee your buyers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.