I sold an item. Buyer said it wasn't them. Case was filed against me, I am unable to appeal

mber6295
New Community Member

I sold a GoPro on ebay. Shortly after it shipped, the buyer reported it as fraud. I wasn't worried because I know paypal has seller protection. The buyer opened a dispute, and I uploaded tracking information showing that the GoPro was delivered. The case was decided in the buyer's favor, I accidentally left a digit off of the tracking number when I pasted it. I message support asking how to appeal, thinking that this is no problem, Paypal will help me set things right. Support says that their hands are tied, the buyer filed a case their financial institution and they have no control over the outcome. They suggested messaging the buyer and I took their advice, but the buyer has been unresponsive, and time is ticking before my debt gets sent to collections. At this point I am owing $300 and it looks like nothing can be done, all because I forgot a number. Are there any options left for me at this point before I accept that I have no recourse?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.