I signed up, not using my full name - now I can't change my name nor confirm my identity

haparadi

Hi,

So my full name has three parts which, length-wise, looks like: MMMMM NNNN EEEEEE

When I first signed up for a Personal account I put my name down as MMMMM NNNN; omitting the last part of my name. Last year I received more than €2,500, so Paypal sent me a notification telling me they limited my account and that I need to confirm my identity before I can resume my activities.

The first problem arises when I send proof of my identity (my id card), which features my date of birth and my full name. I've tried two times, by my request always gets rejected because the name associated to my Paypal account is not the same as the name on my id card (only missing the last part).

I called customer service and they told me that I need to change my name on my account before I can confirm my identity. So I sent proof of my name and identity once more. I sent my id card and my tax forms that show my full name, the same address that's associated to my Paypal, as well as the same bank account that's associated to my Paypal. But those requests got rejected too because, according to the mails I've gotten, I need to confirm my identity before I can change my name.

All of this is starting to feel like a catch 22. I don't know where to go from here. I've read somewhere that Paypal holds the remaining balance until 180 days after the limitation date, then they'll sent you a e'mail with instructions to withdraw - or something like that.

I've since signed up for a Business account, with my full name and another bank account, and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer my funds to my Business account? Or if there was another way to access my Personal account?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi haparadi,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.