I sent someone money online for them to give me something, they immediately blocked me after.

somniia
Contributor
Contributor

I need help refunding this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@somniia 

The important question is HOW did you pay?

Did you send the money via the friends / family option OR goods / services?

If you used the friends /family option then sadly you sent a gift of money and have no paypal buyer protection.

If you paid using goods / services you can open a dispute but a refund is not guaranteed if it was a virtual / digital transaction.

Lastly if you don't get a refund BUT funded that paypal payment via a credit card then you could ask them for help BUT if you used the friends / family option they also may decline as it was not sent as a purchase for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

swaran2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It depends on what you have paid the amount for. If it comes under Paypals terms and conditions and qualifies for refunds, you can request a refund through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

somniia
Contributor
Contributor

it was 200

Login to Me Too

swaran2
Contributor
Contributor

Not the amount. But the reason for the payment

Login to Me Too

somniia
Contributor
Contributor

oh sorry, he was supposed to give me something after me sending it to them, but he blocked me instead, he was selling me something.

Login to Me Too

swaran2
Contributor
Contributor
If you haven’t received the item, then go in ahead and contact PayPal Support. They should be able to guide you through what’s next
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@somniia 

The important question is HOW did you pay?

Did you send the money via the friends / family option OR goods / services?

If you used the friends /family option then sadly you sent a gift of money and have no paypal buyer protection.

If you paid using goods / services you can open a dispute but a refund is not guaranteed if it was a virtual / digital transaction.

Lastly if you don't get a refund BUT funded that paypal payment via a credit card then you could ask them for help BUT if you used the friends / family option they also may decline as it was not sent as a purchase for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.