I sent money to someone for tickets and didn't receive my tickets

kayy2121
Contributor
Contributor

I made a arraignment to get concert tickets from a guy, we emailed and I sent him the money through pay, through the family and friends thing and he never sent me the tickets. I have emailed him several times. I did do a dispute with paypal. Would I be able to get my money back from this guy?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Sadly there's a very good chance you've been scammed.   When it comes to purchases, the seller should send you an invoice, you pay, the seller gets the money and then mails you the physical tickets.  Following this process, you would have Buyer Protection.  As you used the send money feature and chose "Friends and Family", PayPal sees this type of transaction as one person simply sending money to another person - they don't view this as an item purchase and if you try to open a dispute requesting a refund, the system will probably not accept your action.   (The User Agreement outlines what qualifies for Buyer Protection.)

Login to Me Too

Mcnallymichael3
New Community Member
What if when you sent the money through friends and family you filled-in the memo/notes area with a description of what the payment was for (i.e. (2) tickets for “whatever show”).
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mcnallymichael3,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive an item. A payment sent as a Friends and Family payment is not eligible for purchase protection, even if there's a description. The payment must be sent as a Goods and Services payment to be eligible. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.