I recently purchased a MI band 3 and looks like I am a victim of a fraudulent seller.

thaditha93
New Community Member

I purchased a item in eBay and did the payment through PayPal.After the payment the item was not shipped so I contacted the seller and asked for the shipping.Suddenly he marked the item as shipped and a shipping tracking number was updated.When I tracked the number it was an old shipping which was already completed.As I was suspicious about this,I tried to make a complain to the eBay and there was any category which falls my  suspicion, I filed a case in unauthorized category in PayPal,But I did not get the refund or the item.As I have opened a case in PayPal prior to eBay,I cannot open a case in eBay too.can someone show me a direction for a solution? I can give relevant information you need to look in to this.

Thanks In advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thaditha93 

Yeah, you shouldn't have opened a case with PayPal, let alone an unauthorized payment because you actually sent the payment and PayPal will deny your claim. Unauthorized Payment reason is for when someone used your account without your permission. You would have gotten help from eBay if you called them for assistance when you didn't open a PayPal dispute yet. Because surprisingly eBay would actually help with these fake tracking number situations. Not too sure about PayPal though as I have not read any updates when such posts were made here with similar situations. The only thing now is if you paid with credit card is to call the card issuer to file a chargeback on the transaction and explain what the seller did with the fake tracking number and what you did to try to resolved it but filed the wrong dispute case at PayPal and your claim was denied as a result.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.