I ordered too many of the same item help!

Jendoo1984
New Community Member

Good evening. I currently placed an order for what i thought was 59 business cards costing me £6. Turns out i have ordered 59 bundles of 50 business cards costing me £354!! I have only noticed when i checked my pending payment on my online banking app. Contacted the seller who was lovely but as they have been made and are dispatched to be delivered tomorrow he doesn't know what to say. I have spoke to ebay who say to phone paypal tomorrow and explain this mishap. I am panicking that i am going to be stuck with over 3,000 business cards and at a massive loss of £354. Help please. X

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jendoo1984 

Sorry but why should the seller take the loss of that amount of money when he was not at fault?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sandbox77
Check your receipt, if it does not clarify exactly what you ordered(cards or bundles) you May be eligible for a refund i believe. Through their dispute process. Best to contact ebay or pay pal through the dispute transaction link.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandbox77 

Business cards are 'custom made' so not covered by buyer protection, apart from the fact it was the buyers and not sellers mistake so why should the seller have to refund and lose out?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.