I ordered something from #Longruian Electronic Commerce Co. and it was a scam

jdengelmann
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Christmas trees made out of sea glass.  What I received were two 5" Christmas trees made out of clear plastic - something I would expect to see at a dollar store.  I opened a dispute, but have not received much cooperation from Pay Pal.  They contacted the merchant who offered a partial refund of less than half what I paid.  I just want to return the items for a refund.

Do not order items from this company.  It is a fraud

Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

Roseanna12
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered from them.  It was a total scam!

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor

I encourage you to report the scam to econsumer.gov and Federal Trade commission.

Links below.

That is the ONLY way to stop them and their facilitator PayPal. Authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.

and please spread the word to other victims. https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnthttps://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

Login to Me Too

Ithai86
Contributor
Contributor
I order a hoodie and never received it
Login to Me Too

TonyClegg
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, following on from my original post, I have finally had both my purchases refunded after I declined the companies pathetic 10% and 15% refund or an even more insulting 20% off my next order. As if I’m going to order again from this shower ?! Anyway, I completed two forms from PayPal and spoken to someone on the phone in the UK. He sent me another form that I completed, scanned and uploaded to my case. Just over a week later, both payments have been refunded. Just to finish, this company seem to have another company name which has just started to appear on Facebook. This time, people are all over it calling them out for what they are. Keep fighting and whatever country you are in, speak to someone at PayPal. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to get through but I got my money back
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
But the sad thing is that PayPal continues to facilitate these scammers operations and make it very hard and sometimes impossible to get a refund. I will boycot PayPal until they stop helping these companies steal. And it’s not just one or two companies, there are dozens (maybe hundreds) that are operating in a similar way with PayPal’s help. I will send you a link including a large list of scammers that are using one doll maker artist’s Pictures to scam their victims. And these are just the ones that copy her dolls. There are many others.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Take a look at this: https://waldorfdollshop.co.uk/about-waldorf-dolls It is a doll maker artist whose work is being fraudulently used by these scammers to steal money from their victims. These scammers operation would find it very hard to do if it wasn’t for the help they get from PayPal
Login to Me Too

Reebok707

Do not order from this company, I ordered 3 steampunk lamps back in September and they never arrived, found out later they got stuck at customs in China and returned to sender. No contact from the company to let me know and I’m still waiting for a full refund that they have promised since 7th December. PayPal have been completely useless also, I raised the dispute at beginning of November and they do nothing but keep putting the resolution date forward.

Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

Don't hold your breath for a refund.  Longruian apparently only exists to scam people.  PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT ON THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION'S WEBSITE!  www.ReportFraud.ftc.gov.  I don't know how many of our posts you may have read, but if enough customers file a report with the FTC, they might work to stop these Chinese **bleep**.  I found it interesting that, since I filed my FTC complaint, the Chinese have removed the website I used to order the alleged "Sea Glass" Christmas tree they were advertising.  I also noticed that the EXACT SAME TREE I ordered is now being sold by another Chinese company on amazon.  Can't WAIT to see how many complaints end up on amazon's "customer review" area.  Good luck with your battle.

Login to Me Too

MCotta
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not holding my breath 😩PayPal don’t seem to give a s..t tbh. I have filed 2 complaints as I’ve been defrauded twice: 2 separate transactions but same type of fraud. Hopefully this will help others not to get scammed however I think I’ll never see my cash back ever again. I think PayPal is truly cxxp and they can’t seem to be able to protect their customers anymore. I’m never buying anything from Facebook ads and will avoid using PayPal as well. That’s it for me!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.