I ordered something from #Longruian Electronic Commerce Co. and it was a scam

jdengelmann
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Christmas trees made out of sea glass.  What I received were two 5" Christmas trees made out of clear plastic - something I would expect to see at a dollar store.  I opened a dispute, but have not received much cooperation from Pay Pal.  They contacted the merchant who offered a partial refund of less than half what I paid.  I just want to return the items for a refund.

Do not order items from this company.  It is a fraud

Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

Sandra221
Contributor
Contributor

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the Federal Trade Commission website and file a fraud report.  I did that yesterday.  If they get enough complaints about the same company, they take action.

Login to Me Too

Assa16
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered four Waldorf dolls with full wardrobes from a site selling nice Waldorf dolls. I received three ugly doll like creatures and one dress. All very inferior and nothing like what I have ordered. There is a varning on the Waldorf Doll Shop fb page about this, and ask address to sign aiming to get at this fraud. Very bad for those who are honest and do sell real products. I am claiming a refund as I have paid by PayPal. I also recently ordered a Hang Drum, golden one with sixteen tones. I received an inferior black one with eight notes. This came from another Chinese company. Buying from the internet finishes hereby.

Login to Me Too

Machine01
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem.  Absolute scam! was offered 10% refund for an $86 USD product, i was sent a $2 shop POS, not even similar to my product description.

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor

Please!

report the scam to econsumer.gov and Federal Trade commission.

Links below.

That is the ONLY way to stop them and their facilitator PayPal. Authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.

and please spread the word to other victims.

<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Temp20201214x
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Christmas Wreath that was pictured on a door on an Instagram ad.  What I got was a little round pillow with a picture of a wreath on it!  They offered to give me half my money back, but I refused and said I wanted a full refund.  They then agreed to refund all my money and asked me to send it back.  This is going back to China and sending it thru snail mail was going to cost me $27 more which was about how much the item cost.  It only cost $6 to ship it to me, so why so much to send back?   There have been hundreds of complaints about this company and Paypal continues to do business with them.  The only way I will purchase items online is if I can use Paypal because I "thought" it was more secure and my purchase was protected!!  I guess that isn't the case!   Paypal should give me my full refund!!!   I guess they do not even read these threads.

Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

I keep posting this:  go to the Federal Trade Commission website & file a complaint.  They'll take action if they get enough complaints about the same company.  If we don't at least TRY to get them stopped, how can we expect anything to change?  

Login to Me Too

Sandra221
Contributor
Contributor
I did go to the FTC. Have heard nothing. Bot really sure if there are additional steps to take with PayPal or someone else. I would really like to fight to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid with a credit card thru PayPal (vs. using money you may have sitting in your PayPal account), you can contact your credit card company & report the fraud to them.  If you do, be aware that PayPal will stop their involvement in the case (it's not like they're doing anything to help us anyway) & your credit card company will take over.  I encourage you if you haven't already done it, to read ALL the comments we've all posted about this scam to help you see what we've all done so far.  I, too, will keep fighting thru every available source, to get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Temp20201214y
Beware of the site BigHome.shop as I have been a victim of the same glass Christmas tree scam. It must clearly be the same people using different sites to advertise. I have emailed them twice for a refund which they haven’t replied. I have complained through PayPal and haven’t yet received a response. I’m guessing the next step would be to make a claim through pay pal and see where that gets me. I’ve already been told by people I know that I’m probably not going to get my money back however these people are clearly a bunch of crooks who shouldn’t be getting away with scamming people!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.