I ordered something from #Longruian Electronic Commerce Co. and it was a scam

jdengelmann
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Christmas trees made out of sea glass.  What I received were two 5" Christmas trees made out of clear plastic - something I would expect to see at a dollar store.  I opened a dispute, but have not received much cooperation from Pay Pal.  They contacted the merchant who offered a partial refund of less than half what I paid.  I just want to return the items for a refund.

Do not order items from this company.  It is a fraud

Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I managed to get my £40-00 refund in credit to my account I phoned uk PayPal number and stuck by my guns also referred to number of people being scammed and Pay pal doing !!!! to help
Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the U.S. and the phone number here is incapable of connecting me to a live body, no matter how many routes I take with it.  Thanks to the ineptness of PayPal's Resolution Center online, I'm given only 2 options: ship the POS item back to the scammers in China, or close the case.  I've now registered an online complaint with the International Trade Commission and 2 websites for posts about online scammers.  I'm still going to lose the money I spent.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Sorry to hear awful experience with both companies you’ve had it’s so not fair the monies they are getting off people makes me so !!!!! mad
Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

I just talked to my credit card company, since PayPal was of no help, & there's a chance I'll get my money back.  Fingers crossed.  I filed an online report this morning with the Federal Trade Commission.  I've lost track of how many hours I've spent on this but I'll continue to do my best to help stop this reprehensible company from further fraud.  I don't give up easily.  I once spent a year tracking another scam company across multiple U.S. states to get my money back and I did.  I got the District Attorney's office involved and they got my money back for me.  The "wins" make me keep going when I have to.

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Evidently, PayPay does not want to loose a customer that is giving them a lot of profit!!! I encourage you to report the scam through https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt and spread the word to other people who experienced a similar situation. I already did. That is the ONLY way to stop them. As someone else in this chat mentioned, authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Great But also, I encourage you to report the scam through https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt and spread the word to other people who experienced a similar situation. I already did. That is the ONLY way to stop them. As someone else in this chat mentioned, authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Also: report the scam through https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt and spread the word to other people who experienced a similar situation. I already did. That is the ONLY way to stop them. As someone else in this chat mentioned, authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.
Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

I usually do substantial company research before ordering online.  This time, I didn't but should have; lesson learned.  These Chinese **bleep** offered me a $12 refund (of my $32.67 purchase price) if I, at my cost, returned their scammer product.  ONLY when they receive it would I get my money back.  Like you said, why would I ever do that?  Due to the worthlessness of PayPal's online Resolution Center structuring, & being unable to get thru by phone, I've made my grievances known via the customer survey they sent me.  Not that it will do any good.

I've filed online grievances with the International Trade Commission & 2 other ripoff notification websites.  I'll now contact Trading Standards, thanks to your post.  I'm a dog on a bone when I've been ripped off & I WILL NOT let this go.  

Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
I also encourage you to report the scam through https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt and spread the word to other people who experienced a similar situation. I already did. That is the ONLY way to stop them. As someone else in this chat mentioned, authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t give up!! That is what many people do and that is the reason they continue operating like this. I encourage you to follow Kernowlass instructions above to continue your battle with PayPal Also: report the scam through https://www.econsumer.gov/en/FileAComplaint#crnt and spread the word to other people who experienced a similar situation. I already did. That is the ONLY way to stop them. As someone else in this chat mentioned, authorities are not going to investigate unless they get a certain amount of complaints.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.