I ordered something from #Longruian Electronic Commerce Co. and it was a scam

jdengelmann
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Christmas trees made out of sea glass.  What I received were two 5" Christmas trees made out of clear plastic - something I would expect to see at a dollar store.  I opened a dispute, but have not received much cooperation from Pay Pal.  They contacted the merchant who offered a partial refund of less than half what I paid.  I just want to return the items for a refund.

Do not order items from this company.  It is a fraud

Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
I did And to PayPal as well
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
I received the same exact message from then. 😡😡😡😡
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
Your story is sad! 10dolls! Wow. How did your story end? Where you able to get your money back?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdengelmann 

HAVE YOU ESCALATED TO A CLAIM.

HAVE YOU ACTIVATED THE BELOW LINK?
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sandra221
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered the Waldorf dolls for my granddaughter. The item never came and when I tried to contact them I got nowhere. My emails kept getting returned as undeliverable even though I went by the email provided by them. I am hoping I get my money back from PayPal because the item never arrived.
Login to Me Too

AJham

PayPal has just denied my claim for a refund from Longruian Electronics Com., as they stated they proved to PayPal the item was delivered to me. Paypal accepted it. 

I ordered x2 giant adult bean bags and just received x2 hideous 12x12 inch cushion covers. 
How is PayPal letting this happen?

I have only just found this forum, and I am so angry that the company is so well known to PayPal, yet they allow them to continue to get away with the biggest scam. 
Longruian Electronics must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I have also added this company to ScamWatch too.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJham 

Disputes for non receipt are mostly automated as paypal would never have the staff to deal with each one.

So seller provides tracking = seller normally wins.

So for paypal to help you get your funds back from buying from a china web site or social media ad you need to......

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pmartin3
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a doll set in September for my granddaughter from this company and as of 11-22 it has not been received.  

I filed a complaint with PayPal and their “Resolution Center” contacted me to say Case Closed because it was received.  ?????  Am I lying then?  No shipping information or seller contact information so that I can research this myself.  I’m out $30 and lesson learned.  No more purchases off Facebook, and no more expecting that PayPal purchases will protect me from overseas scammers like this Longruian Electronic Commerce.  

Login to Me Too

TonyClegg
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased what I thought was a nice 2m multi-coloured LED light on a stand.  With delivery this was around $48 and was a buy one get one free offer and purchased for delivery to the UK.  At the time I had no idea this company were in China or I wouldn't have bothered risking it, and wish I'd done some research as there is another company almost identical to this called Bo Yida Electronic Commerce.  So, when I eventually got the delivery, what I received was 2x 0.45m led strip with a very short USB cable.  I couldn't even get this to light up the back of the TV never mind sitting in the corner to help my NYE party along which is what the original intention was with my purchase.

So, I've got two cases with PayPal and having read some of the other comments mainly regards Longruian many are struggling to get their money back, but I'll continue to fight as their comeback was $8, or a 15% discount off my next purchase.  Yeah right, as if I'm every going to buy from either of these companies again.  So this order was $48.97 and the other $38.98 and they reckon they can fob me off with $8 refund.   The product isn't fit for purpose and would have no idea what anyone would do with a 0.45m bit of led light.  To be fair, looking at other posts on here, I'm surprised I got anything at all now.  At least they bothered to deliver.  I won't be returning either at my cost.  They can send an envelope with the postage on and PayPal have a fight on their hands as I won't go away and I'm willing to continue to pursue and report to Trading Standards etc as what they show in their adverts along with description is very different to what is sent out and received.

So my warning to you is if you see any Facebook adverts for products that you believe look ok, be very wary when you purchase.  Oh and their e-mail addresses have random letters and numbers in @ gmail . com  I didn't know that until I contacted them.  These guys make Wish look fantastic !

Login to Me Too

Sandra221
Contributor
Contributor
Keep up the good fight. I am still waiting on a response from PayPal as well. I plan to fight them as well because I received nothing. They do make wish look like the best company you could order from now. Please post if you have success with PayPal. The community needs to know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.