I ordered a webcam from a Facebook ad. CMOLO is the company.

wfeather56
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a webcam from a Facebook ad on April 10, 2020.  The company is CMOLO and there is an email address of is the contact.

I was promised that it would arrive in time for Easter.  It seems that this is a scam and I truly wonder If the webcam will ever arrive.

Has anyone contacted Facebook for responsibility in this advertiser's non-performance?

I also see a lot of similar pens being offered from different companies and they also the same scammy websites.

I would appreciate comments.

We should all contact Facebook for their responsibility in accepting advertising for scammy companies.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@19brad66pp 

Well apart from many of the thousands now posting that they have been refunded by paypal, paypal ARE doing something about the scam China websites.

But i guess you have not bothered to read the policy updates recently?

And if you send back trackable and have activated the 'return shipping on us' option in your paypal account then the seller cannot deny receipt of the item can they?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SeraphimEyes
Contributor
Contributor

My investigation into the issue is now complete and Paypal has issued a full refund. I have since signed up for Paypal's "return on us", in the event something like this should happen again. Good luck everyone. Paypal handles things professionally and does review every dispute. It may take time as we are one in many, but they stand by their customers.

Login to Me Too

SeraphimEyes
Contributor
Contributor

Esteemed Advisor

‎Jul-25-2020 03:51 AM
Re: I ordered a webcam from a Facebook ad. CMOLO is the company.

@19brad66pp 

Well apart from many of the thousands now posting that they have been refunded by paypal, paypal ARE doing something about the scam China websites.

But i guess you have not bothered to read the policy updates recently?

And if you send back trackable and have activated the 'return shipping on us' option in your paypal account then the seller cannot deny receipt of the item can they?

I followed their suggestion and signed up for the "return shipping on us", but even before that, Paypal refunded my money! Keep with it, make sure you sign up for the free shipping on us and we won't have to worry if the products, merchandise ect are defective or missing parts. Paypal support is there for us. I am proof of that. It may take a while, but we are one in many. Good luck to you and if you have any questions I'll try to help if I can. 

Login to Me Too

SeraphimEyes
Contributor
Contributor
Re: I ordered a webcam from a Facebook ad. CMOLO is the company.

@19brad66pp 

The above person sent that to me and I signed up. No worries from now on. 

I followed their suggestion and signed up for the "return shipping on us", but even before that, Paypal refunded my money! Keep with it, make sure you sign up for the free shipping on us and we won't have to worry if the products, merchandise ect are defective or missing parts. Paypal support is there for us. I am proof of that. It may take a while, but we are one in many. Good luck to you and if you have any questions I'll try to help if I can. 

Login to Me Too

Dnmdnm
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a aqua pad from this company, they claim to have shipped a 5’ x 20’ 3 ply foam pad in a business envelope and mailed it to me. I disputed the charge and got no where with the company or PayPal...I’m out a hundred bucks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.