I opened a case against the wrong person

97w
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I opened a case against the wrong person. It was for a big bundle of items worth around 350 dollars. I still haven't received this the item i didnt mean to open a case against. Is there anyway to revoke this as I dont have a problem with that purchase yet but i still want the buyer protection if i do run into a problem like it not turning up

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @97w If you going to close the case it's going to revoked the Buyer's Protection. You can leave it as it is until PayPal close it. So you can still have the Buyer's Protection. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @97,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear you opened a dispute by mistake. As mentioned before, if you close the dispute, you will lose the possibility to open another claim. You can ask the seller, during the buyer and seller conversation, to provide the online tracking number so you can check the shipment. This amicable phase last 20 days, if not escalated, the case will close, and the amount will be released on the seller's account. You won't be able to open another claim for not received item. If the merchant doesn't answer and/or you are not sure about the shipment of your items, you also have an option to escalate the dispute to a claim and let us deal with the situation. The relevant department will investigate and keep you informed. 

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.