I never thought Paypal would fall so deep, but they did....

tomdvies
Contributor
Contributor

...but their dispute resolution is so incredibly weak.....never thought I would say this....but I never thought I could do without them...and discovered that I could THRIVE without them....explore your options...they are out there....and actually effective!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomdvies 

PayPal never claimed their Seller and Buyer/Purchase protection is a 100% guarantee, warranty or insurance. But people incorrectly presume this. Not all types of transactions are covered and depending on the circumstances of the situation it is either best to resolve it with the other party within the dispute phase (first 20 days) than escalating to PayPal to step in because they will decide according to their policy where it may not be applicable. On the other hand, if the issue does fall in line with or meet the terms of the Seller or Purchase Protection, you can get a successful ruling. If you don't get a successful ruling, and you paid with credit card, you may seek recourse with card issuer.

Sometimes people file wrong cases or there are certain extenuating circumstances, to false positives/misunderstandings where an error was made that cause a case to be reviewed again. Or sufficient evidence was not available or not conclusive and more conclusive evidence is needed. Cases can be appeal in the Resolution Center or by calling customer service. Sometimes multiple calls will have to be made.

In your case, if you have found other alternatives, then cool all the power to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kimberlyfujioka
Contributor
Contributor

Can you suggest other companies? I seriously want to leave Paypal. 

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.