I need this transaction reversed

CassieTherrien
New Community Member

I dearly hope that admins/managers/whatever are overseeing all of this, because I am at a complete loss for what to do at this point. I also apologize in advance for my length here, but this is an issue that had been going on since November 9th. Hopefully, my length/detail here will be an impression of the efforts and frustration on my part.

I attempted to purchase a Nintendo Switch on the date of November 9th through a website listed as GCLighting.com but payment went to what appeared to be a personal Paypal account NGUYEN THAI SON. I was immediately suspicious of a bootleg at this point, but against my better judgement approved the transaction because according to the website, the speed at which they process and ship makes canceling orders difficult, but if I was not satisfied with the product I could return it within 30 days and so I decided to wait. I felt that if the product was indeed faulty/bootleg I would be able to tell right away and be able to promptly return it and be refunded.

On Tuesday the 13th of November I attempted to E-mail the website by replying to their confirmation E-mail (as per their instructions) and request the order be canceled but my E-mail bounced back in error. I then used the contact link in their website but did not hear back. On Sunday, Novembre 18th I attempted to call the seller with the phone number provided on the website, but I got a busy signal. I then began to file a case with Paypal but canceled and decided to call them in hopes that I could be refunded right away after explaining my attempts at contacting the seller. Paypal explained that because I, the one filing the case, had been the one to close the case they could no longer re-open the case. The representative did still attempt to do what they could to re-open the case but I later received an E-mail from Paypal saying that the case had been rejected.

Monday, November 19th I then contacted my bank and filed a case for fraud. I was advised to file a police report to accompany the case and did so on Tuesday, November 20th.

Thursday, November 22nd I mysteriously received an E-mail from the merchant saying that the order had been canceled due to the item being out of stock and to file a case with Paypay for a refund, though the seller should have rightfully credited or refunded me automatically. I called Paypay that same day and was still told that I could no longer re-open a case for the same transaction and that my bank needed to contact them.  After contacting my bank once again I learned that my case was denied because Paypal is a third party and the dispute must be settled here. 

In my desperation, I have also sent the seller a payment request (after searching a bit for their contact info here) in the amount of the item with a not explaining how Paypal is not allowing me to file a dispute, but they have not complied so far and do not feel they will. (I also feel that even if I was able to file a dispute as they instructed they would still not comply)

Needless to say, I am very disappointed in all of this runaround and am growing severely tempted to no longer use Paypal as a payment medium. The bottom line is that the order is canceled and I am no longer receiving the product. Regardless of my being able to re-open or file a second dispute, a case/dispute should be moot at this point. I need this transaction reversed as soon as possible and I am willing and able to present all E-mails from the purchase as proof of the seller's cancelation.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CassieTherrien

Yeah, your error was closing the dispute after opening it. PayPal followed their dispute policy. Never, ever close a dispute after opening one unless it is resolved completely to your satisfaction. You're more likely able to re-open a case if PayPal initially closed it but if you closed it, that's it. Sorry this happened to you. PayPal doesn't go by emails and screenshots. They can either confirm through delivery confirmation for items not received or unauthorized transaction through their records or require you to return item with tracking to receive refunds in disputes for significantly not described items. To get the best out of your PayPal account, please review their protection policies. Unfortunately, no one here can access your account as at the forums consist of other PayPal users so you'll need to contact customer service and escalate the case to a supervisor. Mention that you closed it by mistake and didn't know if you closed it, it can't be reopened.

Call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Or try messaging them at: 

@AskPayPal for Twitter or facebook.com/paypal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CassieTherrien
New Community Member

Will I really be able to get to a supervisor, though? During one of my many calls to Paypal I had one representative that was willing to have a three-way with my bank and I was cut off because I had never done this with my phone before. When I called back and got a different representative I asked if I could be reconnected to the previous representative but I was told they didn't have the ability to transfer me to anyone else.

Login to Me Too

kkoch01
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty sure I've been duped by the same fraudulent website.  I made a purchase on Nov 24, 2018, and never received a tracking number.  I went to check the status of my order today (12/04/2018) and GCLightning.com no longer exists nor does their support email.  The link provided on my invoice is bogus too.  The merchant listed on my Paypal is LE HUYNH HOAN HAO.  I have emailed the address given on Paypal to rectify the situation in good faith per Paypal's request.  I will be submitting a claim with Paypal in the next couple of days.  I wish you luck with getting your money back.  

@CassieTherrien wrote:

I dearly hope that admins/managers/whatever are overseeing all of this, because I am at a complete loss for what to do at this point. I also apologize in advance for my length here, but this is an issue that had been going on since November 9th. Hopefully, my length/detail here will be an impression of the efforts and frustration on my part.

I attempted to purchase a Nintendo Switch on the date of November 9th through a website listed as GCLighting.com but payment went to what appeared to be a personal Paypal account NGUYEN THAI SON. I was immediately suspicious of a bootleg at this point, but against my better judgement approved the transaction because according to the website, the speed at which they process and ship makes canceling orders difficult, but if I was not satisfied with the product I could return it within 30 days and so I decided to wait. I felt that if the product was indeed faulty/bootleg I would be able to tell right away and be able to promptly return it and be refunded.

On Tuesday the 13th of November I attempted to E-mail the website by replying to their confirmation E-mail (as per their instructions) and request the order be canceled but my E-mail bounced back in error. I then used the contact link in their website but did not hear back. On Sunday, Novembre 18th I attempted to call the seller with the phone number provided on the website, but I got a busy signal. I then began to file a case with Paypal but canceled and decided to call them in hopes that I could be refunded right away after explaining my attempts at contacting the seller. Paypal explained that because I, the one filing the case, had been the one to close the case they could no longer re-open the case. The representative did still attempt to do what they could to re-open the case but I later received an E-mail from Paypal saying that the case had been rejected.

Monday, November 19th I then contacted my bank and filed a case for fraud. I was advised to file a police report to accompany the case and did so on Tuesday, November 20th.

Thursday, November 22nd I mysteriously received an E-mail from the merchant saying that the order had been canceled due to the item being out of stock and to file a case with Paypay for a refund, though the seller should have rightfully credited or refunded me automatically. I called Paypay that same day and was still told that I could no longer re-open a case for the same transaction and that my bank needed to contact them.  After contacting my bank once again I learned that my case was denied because Paypal is a third party and the dispute must be settled here. 

In my desperation, I have also sent the seller a payment request (after searching a bit for their contact info here) in the amount of the item with a not explaining how Paypal is not allowing me to file a dispute, but they have not complied so far and do not feel they will. (I also feel that even if I was able to file a dispute as they instructed they would still not comply)

Needless to say, I am very disappointed in all of this runaround and am growing severely tempted to no longer use Paypal as a payment medium. The bottom line is that the order is canceled and I am no longer receiving the product. Regardless of my being able to re-open or file a second dispute, a case/dispute should be moot at this point. I need this transaction reversed as soon as possible and I am willing and able to present all E-mails from the purchase as proof of the seller's cancelation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.