I need some help with some legal stuff

oMenta
Contributor
Contributor

I am 14, and I am trying to open a minecraft server to make some extra money. Since I'm 14, am I allowed to do this? If my paypal account is put on limited mode if I start getting donations from people buying things from my server store will I still be able to use that money. Like would I be able to get out of limited mode even though I'm 14?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oMenta 

If account is already limited, contact customer service and let them know that you are underage and then they will permanently limit the account and email you saying that you can no longer use PayPal and having to wait 180 days to withdrawal. PayPal will email you when its time to withdrawal.

Keep mind that PayPal may fine you for violating the user agreement so you may or may not get your money back. They're not playing around no more.

To contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Then when you are 18, call customer service as PayPal guest caller and reference this account and ask if you can open a new account since you didn't know you had to be 18 and over to open a PayPal account and see what they say. Don't try to register another account online.

To contact customer service as guest caller, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oMenta 

Sorry, PayPal account users have to be 18 and over, period. It is highly not recommended that you use PayPal at this point in time. PayPal will eventually check for ID and limit your account permanently and you'll have to wait 180 days to withdrawal...a big mess. Close the account now when you can.

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.
  2. Zero out the balance.
  3. Cancel any active automatic payments.
  4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).
  5. Go to Settings (cog icon).
  6. Click Close Account under Account Options section.

Login to Me Too

oMenta
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

What if I have already made money off of it? How can I claim that?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oMenta 

If you have a bank account linked to the PayPal account that is under your name, you can withdraw it and then close the PayPal account as prescribed, that is, if your account hasn't already been limited.

Login to Me Too

oMenta
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

It has already been limited. How do I claim it?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oMenta 

If account is already limited, contact customer service and let them know that you are underage and then they will permanently limit the account and email you saying that you can no longer use PayPal and having to wait 180 days to withdrawal. PayPal will email you when its time to withdrawal.

Keep mind that PayPal may fine you for violating the user agreement so you may or may not get your money back. They're not playing around no more.

To contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (AU): https://www.facebook.com/paypalau/

Twitter (AU): @AskPayPalAU

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Then when you are 18, call customer service as PayPal guest caller and reference this account and ask if you can open a new account since you didn't know you had to be 18 and over to open a PayPal account and see what they say. Don't try to register another account online.

To contact customer service as guest caller, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US and select the PAYPAL GUEST option since you are locked out of that account. Do not be logged on to any account when accessing the guest option as PayPal won’t discuss an account through another account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.