I need help sorting out "You can't use PayPal anymore"

Ahenry77
Contributor
Contributor
This message shows up when I log in:

"You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money."

It happened right after a dispute I opened with a seller and PayPal decided in my favor. This was my only purchase in a while, so I am sure it is related to that. But I am unsure why my account has been restricted afterward. I have been buying and selling for over 5 years on PayPal and receiving this notice leaves me confused and feeling helpless. I can't even chat with PayPal to try and resolve this or figure out why it has happened. Whenever I call them the robot says that they cannot help me with my issue right now and I should try the help center. Can someone here help me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dirtyksubis
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is a dangerously terrible organization, they have no interest in logically assisting you. I promise you’ll be waiting weeks to get even the slightest clues as to what happened. Stop supporting PayPal. They are garbage. I just went through that process and had to submit proof of actions I did on my account. If you still need PayPal, just make a new account. 

Login to Me Too

Ahenry77
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know how I can contact them? I wouldn't mind going through that process myself because I know I did nothing wrong, even if they decide against me. At the very least, I want to be able to close my account because I do not trust my checking account info being stored here when I can no longer use PayPal, and I can't even do that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.