I need help recovering a product I purchased

rpsmith
Contributor
Contributor

This will take a bit of explaining. I purchased an app on Flippa a couple of months ago. I gave the seller the required access to my account so that he could make the transfer. The seller transferred the app to my Google Play shortly there after. All was well till a few days ago when I discovered it was unlisted by Google Play with a couple of error meesages. One stated that there needed to an APK file added or some such. There were actually two sets of messages, both basically saying that there needed to be an apk file.

I hope all of that made sense.

Since then, I have tried to contact the seller without success. I have also noted that his Flippa account was suspended shortly after the purchase was made.

What can I do about this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rpsmith 

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute.

Read how purchase protection works:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

If you only get the option to report transaction as:

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity,transactions and account changes you didn't authorize. 

Then I'm afraid that you sent payment as friends and family and there is no purchase protection for this payment type as it is considered a "gift" payment. And don't bother reporting it as Unauthorized Payment as PayPal shall deny the claim because no one with unauthorized access to your PayPal account made this payment for you without your permission.

Fyi: A file with the APK file extension is an Android Package file that's used to distribute applications on Google's Android operating system.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rpsmith
Contributor
Contributor

It is marked as a bill in my activity listings. Does that help?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rpsmith wrote:

It is marked as a bill in my activity listings. Does that help?

Click it and see if it references your payment and go to that page to click 'Report a problem".

Was it a PayPal invoice that you made payment on?

When PayPal Invoices are used you will see two transaction listings in your account activity, one for the invoice itself which should be marked paid if it was paid and one for the payment you made. You want to look for the one for the payment you made. Or go to the invoice and in the history there should be a transaction ID number to reference the payment which will have the seller's PayPal email address on it and the "Report a problem" link.

Login to Me Too

rpsmith
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "report a Problem" Link ,but there is a link at the bottom for filing a dispute or claim. Same thing?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rpsmith 

Yep, same thing. If you can file a dispute/claim, and it lets you file Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute, then you have purchase protection rights.

Or just go to your resolution center and search for the payment transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.