I need help getting a refund from a merchant

MichaelMcG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Hopefully I'm in the right place.

So I placed an order with a merchant, and a few minutes later I saw another item I wanted to order on the same site. There was no automatic order cancellation system, so I placed another order with the items on the original order, plus the other item I wanted to buy. I then sent the merchant an email asking them to cancel the first order in lieu of the second order. I actually placed a few orders after that. But after getting no reply about the first order, I sent several other emails asking for a refund, all with no reply. Then I suddenly got a reply a few months ago offering me store credit instead of a refund, but I insisted on getting a refund. Since then, I have heard nothing. I tried emailing a few more times, but had no reply. I had been quite nice about the whole situation, up until this week when I decided enough is enough, and sent an email saying that if I hadn't heard from them within 48hrs I would take it my custom is not valued by them, and cancel all of my orders.

Of course I got no reply. Now I want to open cases with paypal to have the outstanding orders refunded. But I don't know how to go about claiming for the original order. The only option that appears to relate is "I have a billing issue; Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or cancelled subscriptions". But the only options are "Incorrect transaction amount" or "Subscriptions", non of which apply.

So, what is the best way to go about this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Did they ship the items? Were they delivered (including the duplicated items)? Start there. Were they paid by Paypal? If "yes" to these questions, then they sent what was ordered (including the duplicated order items). If they did NOT deliver ALL the items, then file a complaint with Paypal and tell them you did not receive all the items you ordered--and you want a refund on all undelivered items. If you have the packing slips for each shipment, and  they are accurate as to what is in that shipment, that is perfect to prove your case.

Login to Me Too

MichaelMcG
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your reply. No, I haven't received any of the order. I must've emailed the store a dozen times, getting a generic reply saying they will respond, but never doing so. But they sent a reply out of the blue, saying they would give me store credit, which I wasn't happy about and reiterated that I wanted a refund. They said this would be sorted within a few days. But it wasn't. In the meantime, I continued to place orders. But stopped when it became obvious they weren't going to respond to any emails.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Send the merchant a written cancellation of all your orders. Then notify Paypal and provide them a copy of your order cancellation notice(s). That should do it, particularly as there have been no shipments made to you. Not sure what e-mail (if any) there is to notify Paypal of a cancelled order. There may be a way to do so online, but I have never seen or used it (if it exists).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.