I made wrong claim for transaction

miljac
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some items on some chinees site but never received them. I recognised it as scam few moments after the purchase (I was a bit trigger happy). But then I made another mistake. I didn't fully understand the process to make a claim, and in my hastines I made  "Unauthorized transaction" claim. I did not realise at the time I can make only one claim. I did however describe my situation correctly when I made a claim.

Ignorance does not excuse me from making wrong claim, but we are all human, I made a mistake. After reading through a FAQ and realising that I have made wrong claim for transaction, I decided to wait to give the seller some benifit of a doubt. I contacted him and only got some generic response about him not beeing able to find my transaction in system. I contacted him agine but no response but without any response.

Naturaly, two months later, I did not receive any items.

What are my options here, and do I even have them? Is there any way to make another claim? I have all the evidence ready (screenshots, emails)...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

miljac
Contributor
Contributor

Does no one have any advice? Anyhow it's probably too late now anyway, as a long time customer I am really disappointed in PayPal customer service

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miljac 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.