@Carlystevensons 

Yep !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

If you meant you were still on hold trying to phone PayPal, then yes it's "normal for PayPal". PayPal have no regard for their customers. PayPal are a law unto themselves. There is no simple way to complain to anyone about PayPal, so they do as they please. If you try to get a resolution through website links you will find that many of the links are non functional because PayPal do not want to hear from you. If you phone them you will be placed on hold for extended periods because PayPal are hoping that you will get tired of waiting and just go away. If you are a business customer and have access to PayPal through business email you will invariably receive copy/pasted replies, because the support staff at PayPal just see your email as a nuisance to be dealt with quickly. They will not read your email. They will skim over it, entirely missing the point, and then copy/paste a prearranged text that usually doesn't  answer the question.

By doing the above, PayPal staff hope that your problem will become another staff members problem when you re-contact them about the non-answer they give. This creates frustration for the customer and vast numbers of unnecessary cases, revised cases, resubmitted cases and appeals. If PayPal handled all inquiries efficiently on the first contact, some estimates are that PayPal would reduce the number of complaints, cases, phone calls and emails by around 83%.

However, because PayPal have let the situation escalate to the point where support staff are inundated, support staff see their only option being to reply to written complaints by a quick copy/paste rather than addressing the problem efficiently, and to leave callers on hold for extended periods. This creates the vicious cycle of Customer contact - PayPal fob off - repeat Customer contact - repeat PayPal fob off - repeat Customer contact...

If you are patient enough to wait for someone to answer the phone, don't be surprised if the operator seems a little vague. They do this because they really can't be bothered talking to you, and they are hoping that you will become frustrated and hang up.

The whole point of PayPal "customer service" is to frustrate the customer to the point that the customer no longer wishes to waste any time complaining. I'm not sure what page of the PayPal training manual this is on, but it should be moved to page 1 because it seems like it is the prime directive for PayPal support staff.

If your time is valuable, just cut your losses, hang up, and bag PayPal out to as many people as you possibly can. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.