I’m not getting response Pay pal community

Edwin49
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys I need your help, I bought a phone using pay pal and it wasn’t as described, I opened up a case on PayPal and the seller accepted to refund my money only if I ship back . I shipped back the phone not knowing that he had provided a wrong address ! DHL contacted him on email but he intentionally wasn’t replying to emails until when they couldn’t keep the phone anymore so they decided to ship it back to me. When I told pay pal about this , they said I should give them 10days to contact him for the correct address but to my surprise, on the second day, PayPal sent an email saying that my case is denied . At this moment , PayPal is not responding to my messages like they did before I need advise guys. Thank you so much in advance .
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edwin49 

If you had bought it on ebay then when you opened a dispute you should have clicked on 'more' and selected the not as described option, then the seller would have had to send you a shipping label and as soon as you sent the item you would have had your refund.

As you just chose the option to return the item then the shipping was up to you.

As your Ebay claim failed then open a paypal dispute and then if you win paypal will send you the address to return the item back to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Edwin49
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I appreciate your help but PayPal already provided what they thought was the correct shipping address and DHL proved it wrong, because it was the same address I got from eBay. I think he has a wrong address on his PayPal account. And he doesn’t reply to emails ever since we started the return. DHL has returned back the package and they said I have to incur the costs again if I want to send back the phone just in case PayPal gets the correct address. Thank you for your help in advance .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edwin49 

Unfortunately the dispute phase is between you and the seller to sort out.

Paypal would only get involved once escalated to a claim and then if they found in your favour they would give you the address to return it to and you would give paypal the tracking number to show that you did that to get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.