I'm getting creepy vibes about an order I just placed - $60 in vitamins

StephanieFFFF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I placed an order about an hour ago for vitamins. I had never heard of the website, AHealthyVitamin, but it looked legit. Their prices were a little lower than other sites, but not "too good to be true" prices. Some of their items were out of stock, which seems like a good sign I guess. Their website lists a 24 hour support line, which I tried to call after completing my order, but it just rings. It says they are based out of Boston MA but their area code doesn't match. The first thing that made me wonder is that Paypal lists a Chinese name as the seller, with no mention of the website name, but I know that can happen. I just searched for reviews of the website and can't find any at all. They sent me a confirmation email, and Gmail flagged it with the message below... I might just be being paranoid, but I'm feeling a little scammy at the moment. Do I just need to wait and see what happens, and hope it's legit? The seller can't see my actual credit card info, correct? So the most they could steal (if it's a scam) would be the $63 or whatever? Thanks for any thoughts you might have. Below is the gmail message.  - Stephanie

Be careful with this message

Gmail could not verify that it actually came from (can't post where). Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

StephanieFFFF
Contributor
Contributor

I just contacted Swanson Vitamins, since the site I used this morning is selling their brand among others, and they checked it out and said the website in question is NOT authorized to sell their products. They are going to report them, but what do I do in the mean time? I'd be pretty surprised if I ever get my items. I used my credit card through PayPal. Is this an issue for my credit card, or for PayPal? Or do I have to wait a week or two to see if by chance I actually do get what I ordered? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.