I'm being scammed by a seller and cannot reach a human at Paypal to resolve

photonboy
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an item.  The seller either didn't send it to me or SENT IT TO ANOTHER PERSON.  I opened a case.

The case was closed by Paypal the next day because the seller provided you with proof of delivery.

That delivery was NOT DELIVERED TO ME OR MY ADDRESS.  IT WAS DELIVERED TO SOMEONE ELSE AT SOME OTHER ADDRESS.  I NEVER RECEIVED THE ITEM.

I cannot reach a human on the phone.  Every time I am transferred to a "human" the recording tells me to look online then disconnects me.  I want either my money back or the item delivered to me.  They closed the case without asking me if I received the item or verifying with UPS that they delivered to ME.  UPS tells me that the item was delivered to SOME OTHER ADDRESS and will not tell me to who or where.

The seller is not replying to my emails.

The seller's phone number is out of service.

The seller's website is only 20 days old.  Whois has no name for the website owner.

The Paypal page for the order says it’s category is “electrical” but I ordered a cast iron grill.  Not sure what’s up with that.

Sellers business address is a residence.

The name shown on your website is Pamela Gutierrez but the paypal name is “GABRIELLEII”

Seller's scam fake website is https://www.weirdape.xyz

Can anyone here help me to get A HUMAN BEING at Paypal?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

schmeejmr
New Community Member

I made a purchase on 11 December 2019 and still haven't received the items. I filed a claim against the vendor. I didn't know how to attach emails and such to my claim so I had no "evidence". The seller gave Paypal a confirmation number and "proof" that the item was delivered so they closed the case. However, the confirmation number was different than what the vendor gave me and I have never received the order. Supposedly the order was delivered in late January but when I emailed the vendor on 8 April 2020 they told me that the parcel was lost and wanted to know if I wanted a replacement. I said yes but still haven't received anything. I emailed the vendor again on 8 July 2020 asking about the order and they finally replied on 17 July 2020 telling me to be patient and that the order would arrive soon. They provided a tracking number but of course when I tracked that number it doesn't exist. I now know how to attach emails and invoices but I can't get anyone to tell me how to dispute Paypal's decision on my case. I have waited for days to get any response via messaging. Any suggestions on how to actually speak to a person?

Login to Me Too

Rockdoggy
New Community Member

I have had the same thing happen.  I ordered a 12,000 btu air conditioner.  Realized that this was a scam and asked papal to cancel before it went through.  Got a message that said unjustified.  Now I receive info that my package was delivered Friday of last week and left "in" my mailbox.  I have a standard size upsp mailbox.  Not sure how they stuffed that huge box in there.  Also I don't think usps will even ship a air conditioner because of the gas under pressure in the unit.   I have appealed but I have some info where the receipt does not list the item.  I have the item listing that was removed from the website.  The Va address is bogus, the phone is disconnected.  What I wonder is why PayPal continues to let this company do business with them.  I will probably cancel my account along with the work account and the social's clubs account that I belong to.  They used to be better than this but now they are a willing participant in a known fraud.  I guess it's time to get the word out to everyone I know and have them cancel their accounts also.  They only listen when it hits them in the wallet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.