I'm astounded how bad Paypal Help is

SteveUT
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I am used to the Customer Service from Amazon and Discover.  Of course, Paypal has to use the usual COVID 19 disclaimer to hide behind and pat itself on its incredibly weak back -- something real companies like Amazon and Discover don't seem to need to do.  Paypal has this inane automated "chat" with no human recourse.  Anyway, I recently created a case after Ebay sent me a message about a transaction that resulted from a fraudulant offer.  Since I paid for the item, Ebay refused to do anything but said I had to present it to Paypal.  (BTW, Ebay washing its hands of its incompetence and insecure marketplace has been referred to the BBB.)  Of course Paypal is trying to contact the Paypal user -- even though the user is a fraud (which is unbelievably stupid).  I wanted to add Ebay's original message to the case to help penetrate Paypal's four feet thick skull but of course there is no way to add a document to an open case.  I did send a message including it and of course got no response.  Am I right about that?  BTW Synchrony Bank is equally incompetent.  I would strongly advise not getting a Paypal Credit Card.  My second question is a rhetorical one: is everything Paypal does incredibly weak and incompetent?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.