I’m a victim of a scam.

Lilo129
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal. Yesterday morning I received a email from PayPal confirming the dispute of £300 is in MY favour, the buyer claimed he “never received his item” so I sent the proof of postage by tracking number, PayPal confirmed this as I shown proof and I won. Shortly after, the buyer clearly wasn’t happy by this, and put out ANOTHER dispute claiming “item not as described ” yes, it really is ridiculous! How can you claim the “item isn’t as described” if you never “revived it”. He has now put the £300 of MY money on hold. I called PayPal and spoke to a lovely advisor who confirmed this is a scammers way to get money out of people. I have responded to this new dispute via online but the advisor told me to contact customer service IMMEDIATELY. I am extremely ill with corona virus, and this news of me being a victim of this scam has made me feel terrible, please PayPal sort this out as scammers should not be getting away with this Many Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lilo129 

Actually its perfectly possible for a buyer to open a dispute for non receipt and then the item turns up but is mis-described so they ask paypal to open another dispute for them.

As Paypal does not ever see the item in question then its one persons word against the others, so paypal 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT if that happens then normally they have to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

Get better soon. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.