I just want my MONEY

Thomas148
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there PayPal Please I would like you to read this message thoroughly. Please I used a name I don’t have any information about on my PayPal account and now i am suffering the consequences.A family member sent me more than my limit and resulted in my account being limited.For the pass 3 months now I don’t even know what is going on with my account,please I would like you to check my account and see what is really going on.Because whenever I send a message or something the feedback is not what I need.Maybe they don’t read my messages carefully or they don’t understand it.My 2000 Australian Dollars is still stuck in my account for the past 3 months and I don’t even know what’s going on with it.Can I Please know why PayPal always tells me you can’t change the name on your account?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomas148 

Ask your family member who sent the payment to dispute the payment to get it back from PayPal and send you funds another way. If you used an alias or fake name that you can't prove is you, you're stuck. Names are very difficult to change and even if they allow a change, its only for certain situations and minimal changes, not an entire name change because PayPal figures you have enough sense to use your real name because this is money we are talking about, you want it to be under your real name if the funds belong to you. If you can change the entire name, someone can come right in and change the name of your account without your knowledge and there is no security in that. Therefore you must use real name and info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Thomas148
Contributor
Contributor
I have asked asked my Uncle to do what you have just told me and he says that’s impossible because he sent it without protection.He is in Germany also,and I don’t know how it works over there.Now I am stuck!Used a fake name which I can’t change,and can’t get my money either.What do I do now?I don’t even know what’s going on with my account.Its past 3 months.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomas148 

If your uncle sent it using the friends / family option then the only way to get it back again would be if he funded that paypal payment via a credit card.

In that case he could contact his card issuer and see if they will chargeback for him BUT they may refuse as it was not a commercial transaction.

If not then sadly you are out of luck.

Paypal is a legal financial account so whilst you wouldn't use a fake name to open a bank account then equally you shouldn't open a paypal account with one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.