I just got taken advantage of and scammed and paypal says there is noting they can do

Programmergeek
New Community Member

I sold a $1500 amp to someone and all of a sudden had physical damage to it looked like it was dropped.  Anyhow contacted UPS to process a shipping claim.  In the mean time he filed a pay pal case.  Fine told him we would evaluate it when it got back.    PayPal goes and gives him back his money with out tracking or evidence he sent it back!  I call they said because he used some sort of mandated government payment they do not require any evidence that it was shipped back.  

What type of payment is this?

So the guy can order stuff put in a case saying it did not meet description and get money back with out returning a item?  This makes no sense will never sell using pay pal again.   Also I want to know what type of account this is seems like the best scam going order a whole bunch of crap say it didn't meat description and get money back and not have to return it.   I'm out $1500 paypal even charged me the fees for there great service and I don't have my product back!  I don't understand how this is allowed.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Lisa

Hi @Programmergeek,

I’m sorry for the trouble with a claim and understand how frustrating this can be. We can take a closer look into the case via phone or email, Facebook, or Twitter, but we would not be able to discuss your case in detail on a public forum, as that could compromise your account's security. I would advise reaching out to us there and we can take a deeper look into the case and see what options we might have.

Lisa

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.