I have to return an item that’s faulty who should pay the cost to China which is over £100

Amorby
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a quilt cover for £167  I racieved not only was it torn but it was supposed to be pink when in fact it was brown. I checked how much it would cost to return it when I was told the cost would be over £100 . I emailed them but they never got back to me so I opened a dispute with PayPal. Now PayPal are telling me to return it to get my money back even though I told them the amount. Why do I have to pay to return a faulty item? Is this how PayPal protects their customers. This is the second time this has happened and PayPal did not listen to me and so I lost £100. I pray someone has another solution for me please I can’t afford to lose this money. Can someone help me please.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amorby 

Buyer protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance and has its limitations. They typically resolve SNAD claims by forcing seller to accept a return and refund you but you are not entitled for return shipping costs from a dispute because PayPal cannot refund more than what you originally paid to the seller. On the other hand, PayPal does provide some relief on return costs via Return Shipping Refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Avatrix
New Community Member

The link to the 'refund relief' results in a 404 message. This is pretty irritating. There's no consequence at all for dodgy dealers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.