I have proplem seller and buyer and holding money

Marje1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, im selling sometime my staf in the internet( www.tori.fi) and now one person want to buy my washingmachin. Washer locating in Finland and buyer somethere In Georgia. Now he sent to me money from there via paypal. Money includ item and shipping money. And now i must first to pay shipping money to shipping company, then i must send the copy of payment( via moneygram) back to paypal and then i ll get my money, that must be right now holding somethere in the paypal. But i cant see that money on my account. What to do???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marje1 

It's a scam. PayPal does not ask you to use MoneyGram or Western Union. The buyer has not paid. The scam is to get you to send money so they can pick it up and you're sitting around waiting for a payment to be released that did not happen. When someone has REALLY paid, you will see it in your PayPal account, EVEN IF PayPal put a hold on it, you will still see a record of payment.

Who in the world is so desperate to order a washing machine from Finland from Georgia??? Makes no sense at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marje1 

It's a scam. PayPal does not ask you to use MoneyGram or Western Union. The buyer has not paid. The scam is to get you to send money so they can pick it up and you're sitting around waiting for a payment to be released that did not happen. When someone has REALLY paid, you will see it in your PayPal account, EVEN IF PayPal put a hold on it, you will still see a record of payment.

Who in the world is so desperate to order a washing machine from Finland from Georgia??? Makes no sense at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Marje1
Contributor
Contributor
Now i have mail from this person.... You need to understand that the PayPal service domain where the money was sent was through PayPal Swiss and it can’t be track and trace with Finnish PayPal customer care due to the fact that the money was sent through international service domain and which immediate action is required from you.. I’ve reported to PayPal and they’ve notified me that they will be carrying out there legal action and get your account suspended because the matter already involved th fbi .. they’ll be sending you an automated email from the customer care service response , which you can easily reply to ask a question because I’ve my integrity to protect . Before i think 100% that its a scam and now?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi @Marje1

Thanks for posting your question here. 

@sharpiemarker is right. This is a scam and this is not how PayPal works. we will never threaten our customers with FBI or anything like that. Please ignore any email that you get from this buyer and look for a new local buyer. If anu money has been sent to you this will be visible on your PayPal balance straight away. If there is no PayPal balance on your accoutn you have not received a payment. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.