I have been scammed for the first time ever PLEASE BE AWARE

Ariaarosee3
New Community Member
I have been scammed for the first time ever. I was scammed by a Facebook ad that redirected me to a website that I thought was vibe kayaks (www.vibekayaks.com) I didn’t realize until after purchase the website was actually www.vibekayakc.com it was set up to look and have all the information of the real Vibe kayak website. I had to make the purchase through PayPal so I made a dispute, there wasn’t any option for “I’ve just been **bleep**ing scammed I need help” so I clicked the unauthorized use option and wrote a whole message about what happened and that they please help me get my money back and shut down this seller that is scamming people. I received an email back from PayPal saying they concluded it was an authorized use and to message the seller for any other problems I wanted to take care of. See, I did. Before ever reaching out to PayPal I sent several emails to the seller demanding cancellation or refund of my payment and they have blocked me from any more emails, I can’t send the email address anymore. I can’t open another dispute because PayPal already says they have closed it. What the **bleep** do I do? I have tons of screenshots and proof to show anybody that I was legitimately scammed and PayPal has not done anything to help me. Finally I called PayPal today and I waited for about 30 mins until I talked to a gentleman that said they are going to reopen the case and give the seller 10 days to respond or I will receive full refund. He said I don’t need to do anything else other than check my email for updates. I’m nervous PayPal will find a reason or excuse to not refund my money, but my fingers are crossed and I’m very hopeful I will finally receive the help I’ve been so desperately needing.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ariaarosee3 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.