I have been scammed by Chinatera Limited and PayPal doesn't care

Mimisma
Contributor
Contributor

I wrote:

I did send it back to the address YOU provided (to avoid misunderstandings) and it came back as UNCLAIMED. What else am I supposed to do? It was unclaimed because the address was wrong? It was unclaimed because the seller didn't care to pick it up when notified? It all is beyond my power, I did what I needed to do, I SENT IT BACK! Do you want me to bring it back myself?
I've been scammed by an unscrupulous seller and you are not protecting my purchase.
They answered:

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.

*I even sent photos of package with Chinea post office stickers, they responded I can't send attachments? what the hell is going on?

Never have I been treated so poorly. 

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

GeminisCusp
Contributor
Contributor
Me tooo....😬
Login to Me Too

Dazmae70
It's been 3 months for me!!
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
An eBay staff member confirmed to me that the PayPal account of Chinatera Limited is linked to hundreds of eBay seller accounts, so it is difficult for buyers on eBay to know that you are buying off them until after you have paid them by PayPal where it will show that payment went to Chinatera Limited. Until PayPal does something about this, their hundreds of eBay seller accounts lay concealed by countless different seller names. This is actually fraud because there are many buyers that do not wish to buy off Chinatera Limited because they were previously scammed and are totally unaware that this terror has returned using another eBay seller name. I wonder how many Negative Feedbacks Chinatera Limited has if a total amount is made of all of their eBay seller accounts?
Login to Me Too

GeminisCusp
Contributor
Contributor
I feel your pain... I'm they fraudulently charged a joystick with my debit card after I legitimately purchased a diamond painting from them but I guess I will never see since I never recieved a confirmation from them
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor

It's strange how PayPal protects this scammer and tries to pretend they don't exist. I made a small purchase and a receipt for the tax appeared on my PayPal account and nothing for the transaction of the item purchased. I clicked on the receipt for the tax and it showed that payment indeed went to Chinatera Limited. PayPal needs to protect its users from this scammer and place sanctions on the PayPal account of Chinatera Limited to make all of its dummy EBay seller accounts inactive. PayPal has a duty of care to its users to stop all of the disputes both on PayPal and eBay by weeding out scammers instead of turning a blind eye to it all for the sake of making money.

Login to Me Too

Bertagain

Add wugfengdeng to the list of chinatera fronts. Claimed to have sent items 4 times and refunded 4 times. They string you along until the 180 day claim period has elapsed so pay pal wont open up a claim against them. I have gone directly to cc company and made a charge back claim, hopefully citibank will get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Srx61

Scammed by this company as well. They're under "benemall6" on ebay.

Login to Me Too

dazzza19
Contributor
Contributor
I've been scammed to, 17goodbuybuy are also CHINATERA why is eBay and PayPal allowing this
Login to Me Too

FlipFlopFlip
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is a PayPal and Ebay issue but more importantly this is a Policing matter. Police in China should track and arrest and jail these Criminals. If they don't this will continue and continue to affect the reputation of good sellers in China.Until then - stop buying from Chinese sellers and stay with local suppliers. Make the system fix this. Force local Chinese people force Police to Act and lock them up.

Login to Me Too

FlipFlopFlip
Contributor
Contributor
So almost 3 months since order. Nothing received. I will never order from an unknown seller on line again. These people need to be investigated, charges and gaoled. This has affected Global on line commerce and if nobody cares then everybody loses except these criminals.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.