I have been scammed by Chinatera Limited and PayPal doesn't care

Mimisma
Contributor
Contributor

I wrote:

I did send it back to the address YOU provided (to avoid misunderstandings) and it came back as UNCLAIMED. What else am I supposed to do? It was unclaimed because the address was wrong? It was unclaimed because the seller didn't care to pick it up when notified? It all is beyond my power, I did what I needed to do, I SENT IT BACK! Do you want me to bring it back myself?
I've been scammed by an unscrupulous seller and you are not protecting my purchase.
They answered:

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.

*I even sent photos of package with Chinea post office stickers, they responded I can't send attachments? what the hell is going on?

Never have I been treated so poorly. 

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mimisma 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
I advise anyone using PayPal who does any online shopping to look on google the name Chinatera Limited as they are a known scammer on many online sites. There are numerous reports of them scamming buyers that cannot be ignored. You buy off Chinatera Limited and you will end up the victim of terror! Don't ever forget the name as sooner or later you will see that you have unsuspectingly purchased something off one of their hundreds of eBay seller accounts. This is the biggest scammer on eBay.
Login to Me Too

GeminisCusp
Contributor
Contributor
On 6/4 I did order something from them...a diamond painting but the only paper trail I have is the PayPal notification that they were paid....I have not been able to find any text or email confirming my purchase then yesterday while I was driving paypal pinged me that there was a charge for a switch gaming system joy stick in yellow for $34.32 that I did not order...I contacted paypal today (for as much as you can contact them these days) i filed a dispute and no sooner did i send it...they came back with an automated responds dening my claim saying it was legitimate charge....i am not going to let this go.....i did contact my bank and they have started a case and I have paperwork to submit for both charges since I am going to guess the the order I place on 6/4 will never come and they stole that money as well...and the bank had to cancel my debit card too....buyer beware!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
Chinatera Limited is based in Hong Kong and has hundreds of EBay seller accounts. eBay confirmed this to me over the phone and found that hundreds of seller accounts were all linked to the PayPal account of Chinatera Limited. I have had ongoing disputes with lots of ebay sellers all who were none other than Chinatera Limited, and I don't want to keep buying off this company, but they are deceitful and keep opening more and more seller accounts and PayPal does nothing to stop this fiasco. Each time they have stolen my payment and not shipped off items to me, resulting in either PayPal or eBay disputes. It wastes my time and the valuable time and resources of the staff at eBay and PayPal. One of their seller accounts misrepresented that they were located in Botany, New South Wales and they had an Australian flag embedded on the photos of each item they were selling. The item was never sent and I was refunded, then I blocked that seller only to unsuspectingly buy from them under another of their other eBay seller accounts. Chibatera are nothing more than a terror that has caused eBay to get a bad reputation. It's fraud that they can be allowed to keep scamming eBay users like this, and eBay should force them to have the name Chinatera Limited as part of any seller account that they have. I have even considered closing both my eBay and PayPal accounts because of this terror of a seller.
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
These are just two of the eBay seller accounts of Chinatera Limited : Rohlin1010 and joytownonline. This is just the tip of the iceberg of a company that its workers have nothing better to do than keep opening more and more new eBay seller accounts. They hardly ever reply to messages and you get an automated reply saying that they are out of the office, yet at the same time they are right there clicking that they have shipped your item. eBay have confirmed to me that there are hundreds of seller accounts linked to Chinatera Limited - the identity who received your payment on PayPal. The eBay staff were shocked when they discovered how many eBay seller accounts this company has.
Login to Me Too

advland
Contributor
Contributor

They also scam customers as "xdeal2013" too.  I have been fighting with them for almost 4 months now.  This has been my worst online shopping experience in years. eBay and PayPal got their money, so they couldn't care less about the little guy who got shafted in the deal. 

Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor

Chinatera Limited have told PayPal that they are located in Hong Kong, but this might not be true. Items posted by Chinatera Limited have been shipped from various locations, including these two as stated on the packages ; <removed> Neither of the above addresses state the items were shipped from Hong Kong. The first appears to have come from China and the second from Thailand. Exactly where are Chinatera Limited based or are they providing PayPal with a false location?

Login to Me Too

Brinalynn77
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered diamond painting kits for 40.41 and have recieved no further contact and that was 7 days ago
Login to Me Too

Tisme01
Contributor
Contributor

I have made 3 separate orders from Chinatera Ltd first took 22 days to UK and 2nd 21 days. So far the other oder is only 19 days old so I am not concerned.  Even before this Coronavirus problem some items would easily take 3 weeks or more to arrive from China and Hong Kong. It's their customs that hold things up. 

Add the problem of the virus and reduced flights around the world, less staff in customs  and their own despatch teams aand further delays are unavoidable. Lots of people are ordering items. We all want to try new hobbies Be patient. Paypal do care, they are not being complacent about claims.  They probably have reduced staff (everywhere does), but allowing companies reasonable time before starting unnecessary claims for refunds. I know here in UK there have been very few flights allowed in from any part of the world, especially Asia. How else can Chinatera ship their goods? If coming by sea it could be months in transit, and pigeon post is even worse.

i've been lucky with 3 weeks. Not sure what country you are in, so try checking if your airports are moving at all. Most are in Lockdown dont forget. I know its hard but don't give a company a bad name until proven guilty.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.