I have been scammed, and the seller is claiming I'm scamming him?

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

I have been misled and was told these 2 pairs of shoes were authentic, I trusted the seller and took his words and description into account, without thinking twice. I have asked several others (which I should have in the first place) and now I can clearly see for myself both pairs of shoes are fake, comparing to retail models and asking people with more knowledge in the field of replicas and asking those who own authentic pairs of those exact shoes. The seller still claims that the shoes are authentic but to me they are not described, and I am not satisfied with this purchase. I feel really stupid and foolish for not identifying the obvious signs of the shoes being replicas, which can be pointed out in pictures compared side to side by authentic pairs. I really need the money and am scared that I won’t get a refund if I do send the shoes back as I don’t believe that I can trust this seller, this is my first time having to go through all of this, so I’m really stressed about it. I really am unhappy with this purchase as I’ve paid prices for authentic pairs not replicas, and believe I was misled and deceived. I have proof of conversations with the seller stating they are 100% authentic, but looking at them now they definitely aren’t, I have also discussed this in a few reddit threads which I will link below. I had realised this the morning after I had purchased and contacted the seller as soon as I found out and have really beaten myself up over this situation since, as this is a lot of money to me. He also stated they were deadstock and never worn. However, I believe they have, and he said the “Stockx” tag had never been removed but in some of the pictures it was removed. I am absolutely not happy with this purchase. The seller tried getting me to cancel the case in order for him to continue his “business of selling more fakes” and said he’d promise me a refund, but how can I trust someone who is dishonest.??

I am still waiting for the product to arrive knowing they are fake, and i really don’t know what to do as to me I don’t wish to wear replicas and had no desire to buy anything but authentic shoes.

Below, it shows clearly that the receipt is also fake which I noticed myself as the footlocker receipts aren’t usually that material, and I also compared it to my receipt from a previous footlocker purchase showing it is fake.

“Receipt is printed on regular paper, not receipt paper, also it looks nothing like my adidas receipt from my retail sesames. If you google fake footlocker receipt, they all look like this.

Also as someone else said the stripe is terrible, it's supposed to go from behind the pulltab to the toe of the shoe. This one is just not even close to being right

Edit: also I'm pretty sure all US retails have the epic logo on the box label, these do not”

https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/bzb012/lc_off_white_af1s_scared_i_got_scammed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/bzb3j9/lc_adidas_yeezy_350_v2_black_please_im_scared/

“Look at a retail picture. The static stripe should go all the way to the pull tap. There shouldn’t be a gap like on the pair you’re trying to get.” This showed evidently and really stands out to even which the seller agreed that they are potentially replicas, showing that the item was not as described. The above is proof enough for me to not be satisfied with this purchase which I deeply regret, to whom this concerns and whom is reading, I hope you understand.

I am also scared that since I DO NOT trust the seller at all, as he is selling fake goods how can he be “honest”, how will I be certain of a refund? What if I send them back and get nothing, I have spent A LOT of money, £500 is so much money and I’m so stressed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fausall 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fausall 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

I have already opened a case and before I could add my evidence above ^ the seller has claimed that I have scammed him, and it won't let me provide my evidence, what should I do? i've tried contacting paypal

Login to Me Too

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

meaning they have already escalated it and it won't let me add my side of the whole story, I am really paranoid and scared right now as i don't know what to do, this is my first time using the paypal resolution centre and the first time i've bought something this expensive online.

Login to Me Too

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I don't know if I mentioned you, i'm sorry for all the posts I'm just so worried right now!

Login to Me Too

Smilie-Face
Contributor
Contributor
Don't worry, PP will see like the rest of us that those are really rubbish fakes. PP will insist you return these via tracked & signed for mail and enter that into the case deets. It'll be ok, you'll get your refund.
Login to Me Too

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

@Smilie-Face It literally will not let me add anything to the case I would like to add what i have above but paypal are literally not letting me provide the evidence I have, i'm scared this dishonest seller will win the claim and I'll be left with these horrible replicas, i feel like paypal have been ignoring me and i'M SO STRESSED!!

Login to Me Too

Smilie-Face
Contributor
Contributor
Then call PP up, they're really helpful and might be able to add your evidence.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fausall 

No one should ever say you will get a refund as nothing is guaranteed especially in SNAD disputes.

I am presuming that you opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described'? In which case did you actually receive the items or did you open that dispute before you got the item?

Once the dispute has been escalated to a claim for paypals involvement then you can't add any evidence unless paypal request it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fausall
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

before i got the item, as I have enough reason to believe they are replicas, I feel like an idiot for taking the sellers word on them being real, I should've looked at the pictures more clearly or asked for other peoples judgement, but it is what it is. I believe they are not as described because if you look at the threads you'll see why I had opened a case as not item not as described by seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.