I have been scammed and PayPal won't help

Bimosgal
New Community Member

I have been a victim of a scam regarding a purchase for my company, where I sent a large payment via my PayPal account to a person who I thought was legitimate.  After several hours of waiting and getting excuse after excuse, I realized I had been taken for $825.00.  I tried, in vain to get the person(s) involved to return my money, but they continued to try to make more excuses, stating they would deliver the next day (Sunday, which we aren't open) then Monday morning.  On Monday morning, this person tried to get me to agree to get more product for an additional $100.  Was I born this morning?  No!  I asked for a refund of my money or my product by 3:00 that day.  When 3:30 rolled around, and I heard nothing, I tried to file a claim with PayPal but couldn't as I had no computer at work, so I knew I would do so later that evening.  I filed a Police report with my local police department for theft and fraud.

Later that evening I did file a claim with PayPal.  That same night it was denied, stating it was an authorized payment.  I did not see that I could have chosen a different option.

The next morning I phoned PayPal and spoke to a representitive who reopened the case after I explained the above.  He ASSURED me I would get my money back.  Today, I heard that they got in touch with the seller and have yet again, denied my claim.  Apparently, the seller convinced them that they delivered.

What can I do?  I need some input fast.  I have names, phone numbers, an email address, but no one is assisting in getting my hard earned money back.  I gave in good faith, and I was robbed.  

Thanks for any assistance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.