I have been cheated through Paypal, please help.

gDan
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an electric drill from a seller.  I paid the full price using my credit card through Paypal.  The seller sent to me a cheap pair of sunglasses, but no electric drill.  I filed a dispute with Paypal.  They advised me to contact the seller.  I did as they instructed.  Seller assured me that the sunglasses are only a free gift to me, but my order is still pending.  I asked if I need to return the sunglasses.  Seller said, no keep them as our free gift to you.  Next, I tried to report the issue to Paypal, but Paypal says the dispute is now closed (past the deadline).  My order was placed in Nov. 2019.  Paypal says that dispute must be filed within 180 days.  This is first week of January 2020.  My dispute is within the allotted timeline and my case is not resolved.  It has now been two months and I have never received the item that I ordered.  Please help and advise me what to do next.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gDan 

You opened a dispute but which one, non receipt or not as described?

Secondly did you escalate the dispute to a claim before it timed out at 20 days post opening? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.