I have been charged 370€ from Booking.com and PayPal decided it wasn't fraudulent

M-Benjamin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Monday 17th at 11:30PM, I have been charged by ebay for an amount of 370€ on an alleged order from Booking.com. (I website I have never visted.) Suspecting a fraudulent use of my account, I tried to call Booking.com but the number is not attributed. I then sent Yesterday an e-mail to the company to verify this transaction. This was their answer :image.png

Since I never received any of these information (because I never made that order), I answered that I have no idea what are those. The only information I got through the PayPal transaction was the location : Holiday House Lacului . This place is in Romania and I live in Belgium...

Furthermore, I changed my PayPal password and tried to issue a claim, without success. Yesterday at 2PM, I called Paypal and reached an agent who opened a case for this and told me PayPal would decide on it the 4 following days. This morning (9:30AM), PayPal already sent me the feedback and determined it was a legit order. Apparently, it took less than a day to take that decision. I haven't been given the opportunity to add any commentary on this issue. 

I want to know if there is any solution to this. I have no intention to lose 370€. On my PayPal account, I had 20+ € that I obtained through an ebay sale. My account has been emptied by Paypal and they are requesting 340+ € from my bank account. I have no intention to get scammed and will probably block any PayPal order from my bank.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

xitone
Contributor
Contributor

hi ,

just happened to me yesterday , 539€  to booking.com for hotel 

and for paypal everything is legit.  

i hope i wont be charged 😕

Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@xitone 

Unfortunately you will be charged..

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

beyzabozkurt
Contributor
Contributor

In my case too, Paypal said it is legit in the first mail but almost 10 mins later, another mail came saying that it is unauthorized and they transferred the money to my account in 2 days. 

Login to Me Too

Elta59
New Community Member

662,18 EUR from booking too. Paypal said it was legit and unfortunately I was not contacted later to have a refound.

Login to Me Too

Elta59
New Community Member

PS : I didn't receive any mail from paypal for this transaction and my mail account hasn't been hacked because I have double authentification activated, strange...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.