I have been a victim of fraud.

kenekenny
Contributor
Contributor

I have provided evidence that a Paypal transaction was fraudulent and Paypal won't support me. I can't reopen a case and I can't appeal their misinformed decision.  I have filed a complaint against Paypal with the Better Business Bureau for claiming purchase protection but then ignoring the fraud.  Seller shipped item to incorrect address according to the tracking information provided, no longer responds to e-mail and has shut down their website.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Dlinqua52
New Community Member

The Longruin Electronic Company scammed me.  I ordered a wreath and never received.  Another company from China sent me two small plastic sharks, when they advertised a moving baby shark.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  I won’t order anything off Facebook again.  Lesson learned.  

Login to Me Too

kenekenny
Contributor
Contributor

I just filed a claim with the NY Attorney General office against Paypal.  They know all about this scam and continue to enable these fraudulent sellers:

Google the following for details:

BBB paypal scam-alert-tracking-code-trick-costs-online-shoppers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kenekenny 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CutzieSuzie
Contributor
Contributor

Did u call PayPal? They told me on the telly that u CAN reopen a dispute, but u cant do it online, must phone them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.