I have a question

Trina47
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a dispute against a seller who hasn’t shipped my item since Aug. 4th. Prior to opening the dispute, I contacted them through email at least three times with no reply. As soon as I opened the dispute today I received an email from the seller saying they had forgotten about my order, and they were willing to send it but couldn’t do so until the dispute was closed on PayPal. What happens if I close the dispute and they still don’t ship my order? Am I out of luck then at trying to get PayPal’s assistance in getting my money back?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trina47 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund or item
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't and your item has not arrived escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Also I suspect you have bought from one of these China websites or Social Media ads as it sounds like their modus operandi.

If so then escalate to a claim and if its closed cus you get a fake tracking number OR it arrives and its tat then change the dispute to 'not as described' if you can but if its closed come back for more advice.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Trina47
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I appreciate the advice. Yes unfortunately it was off a social media ad. 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.